Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Photography R US! (Read the 1st page before you post!)

on my way to cebu from work

shot using dslr with kit lens (18-55mm)

This I shot sa amo backyard sa balay 2 years ago. It so happen na dagko kaayu kilat sa amo area and klaro kaayu ang lightnings, so I got my minolta X700 manual cam, cable release and tripod and shot it.

Since sa balay raman namo, wala koy makit-an na nindot na forground subject...atop ra sa silingan, hehe. Mas nindot jud unta to kung maka pangita pako good forground subject pero wala nako ni dayon, nahadlok nko sa kilat, hehe. maigo unya ko, nagdala raba ko ug tripod.

bitaw kay anogon ang tripod kung maigo ka. heehe

i hope maka-shoot na pud ko og lightning.

Sus! kung ma igo sa kilat puwede na maka apil sa fantastic 4, ang title kay fantastic 5, he he he

"Aground"

mods, i hope ok ra ni nga post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sëñor Jözé
    This I shot sa amo backyard sa balay 2 years ago. It so happen na dagko kaayu kilat sa amo area and klaro kaayu ang lightnings, so I got my minolta X700 manual cam, cable release and tripod and shot it.

Since sa balay raman namo, wala koy makit-an na nindot na forground subject...atop ra sa silingan, hehe. Mas nindot jud unta to kung maka pangita pako good forground subject pero wala nako ni dayon, nahadlok nko sa kilat, hehe. maigo unya ko, nagdala raba ko ug tripod.
    great shot pre! wala pa gyud ko'y chance to shoot at lightning...hinuon, the lightning might might shoot me instead...

unsaun pag set sa f? and speed sa lightning shot Senor Jose?..

He mentioned he used a cable release. It allows you to lock up the shutter when shutter speed is set to "bulb." The usual method for capturing lighting bolts is pointing the camera at a certain area where there are frequent strikes, set the camera to bulb (in some cameras the setting is " T "), open the shutter and lock it with a cable release, then close the shutter after you capture the lightning bolts you want.

To help avoid over-exposure some keep the camera covered with lens cap while the shutter is locked open and just take it off an on during a strike. This method is also useful for firework displays.

Blog Entries

I got this from one of the sites and this has been one of my favorites. Im sorry guys, I dont know how to take pictures. I like collecting them though, if only I could.[/url]
    iSTORYA.NET Forum Rules
    Do not argue with the enforcement of these Rules and Regulations. If you are requested to comply, comply. Persistent violations will result in a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by abortretryfail
    Quote Originally Posted by HOMEY
    unsaun pag set sa f? and speed sa lightning shot Senor Jose?..
    He mentioned he used a cable release. It allows you to lock up the shutter when shutter speed is set to "bulb." The usual method for capturing lighting bolts is pointing the camera at a certain area where there are frequent strikes, set the camera to bulb (in some cameras the setting is " T "), open the shutter and lock it with a cable release, then close the shutter after you capture the lightning bolts you want.

To help avoid over-exposure some keep the camera covered with lens cap while the shutter is locked open and just take it off an on during a strike. This method is also useful for firework displays.
    You're right abortretryfail, Thanks.
    My f setting for that shot I think was in full open (around f22 or f36) and in 35mm wide angle. I shot around 5-7 of it but that shot was the perfect one. You can't expect you can capture the lightning in one or two shots...lightnings are very unpredictable. Patience is needed.

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast