Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Jobs @ accenture

Hello, na interview ko sa Accenture. I got accepted last month and turned down their job offer. I agree with the fact that maayo sila ug benefits and privileges, however, a few things why I TURNED IT DOWN:

1.) The salary they offered me was the ceiling price. Imagine 6yrs na akong experience and they paid me just 25k. Imagine that! I currently earn just below that salary when initially I told them my salary expectation was 30k. If I wait a few more months I will earn that same amount. THEY WILL NOT RECONSIDER the offer they gave me. Arrogant sila ha! According to 2-3 more of my colleagues who turned down their job offer (all of whom were given the same rate I had AND had many more years experience) they were also given the same practiced line. "Sir, based on the evaluation of the people who interviewed you this is what they feel you should be paid." Take note mga taga Manila nag interview nimo and I hear suyaon daw kuno ni sila. They don't like the idea nga mas dako pa ta ug mas maayo pa ta nila. Therefore, I conclude this company is unreasonable and I don't work with unreasonable employers. Take note that the 25k is also the same they offer for Manila peeps. I can understand Cebuanos being paid that much given the lower cost of living but Manila at that rate? Patay ta! Gidala man nila ila reputation diri sa pagkabarat sa Cebu. Strike 1.

2.) They claim the 90+ of the Fortune 100 companies belong to them. However, I find it disturbing that they themselves are NOT part of the Fortune 100 companies. Simple logic would tell you nga if tanan sa mga datu imo mga customers definitely madatu ka. Ngiga nila noh, they mean to say they are far better than the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and Sun? It would be worth noting that the last two I mentioned aren't even in the top 100. Naa nana sila sa 200. Accenture does not fall under the fortune 500 companies. If you compare it with Lexmark naa ang Lexmark within the 500 (442 to be exact). Lexmark 36.x per share while Accenture is 38.x. Given the poor market performance of Lexmark this quarter it still a threat to Accenture (or rather Accenture does not pose a threat to existing IT companies in Cebu). I compare it to Lexmark because mao man ang pinaka duol sa ila office. Puro ra man diay ni hambug ila. Strike 2.

3.) The bond is 2 years for training in MANILA. Now if gi train ko sa Singapore, Japan, Hongkong, UK, USA or Dubai worth it unta na but 100k for a vacation tour? Even companies here in Cebu don't tie you up that long for some trivial trip such as Manila. 6months bond for such an expense is reasonable but 2yrs? What a waste of other job opportunities! Lexmark, for example, gives a bond of 2yrs for 500k. Worth it gyud to the last peso na nga training kai sa US of A gyud ka punta, a once in a lifetime opportunity for most of us. Or NEC if they send you to Japan not to mention the excess allowances you save on those trips! Hell, you can go to Manila on your vacation leave! Walay mahabilin sa imong allowance if Manila ka i-assign kai sakto2x mana ila ihatag. LOL. Again, unreasonable! Strike 3

Here's another disturbing input I got from one of their HR. They compare salaries based on OTHER ACCENTURE locations. Whatever happened to COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS? You compare your salaries with what other companies are offering new intakes. This is why this company is less competitive with existing IT companies here in Cebu. MABUHAY CEBU!

Here are some worthwhile target jobs to go if Accenture decides to hire you. If they pay you slightly higher or even the same as your current job AND the job involves ORACLE, JAVA or SAP THEN GO FOR IT. Nihit kaayo ang training ana and it's well worth the opportunity and increases your marketability especially if you have plans going abroad like Singapore, USA or DUBAI. Anything other than that, I've been told is a MCJob (n. a dead end job; a job with no future). Legacy apps daw. COBOL, DB2, Informix, C/C++. These jobs reduce your flexibility and marketability.

Other chances of getting better offers are certifications - especially in software architect level - and longer than a 10yr exp they will give a generous offer. Probably because they can't BS people with that much experience.

2 yrs bond?.. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Naa man ko mga kaila didto na naassign sa manila.

Ave pay nila is 60-80k daw, that's 8 yrs exp...

@tokidoki puros ra diay ni sila BS?(mostly taga manila bsbs jud na no offence) ehehe. naa koi kaila gi offeran og 120k bro pro taas nato siya XP. maybe kong dako dako ka og rate karon ila dako-on ilang offer. eheh.. but i think for now their just trying to lure people and tie them up with a bond so they can start up good in cebu.

if that's the case, I will not waste my 12 years IT experience for a dead end job at Accenture.

Quote Originally Posted by dontknowmewho
    kinsa naka interview na diri sa accenture?
    i was onced hired in this coy 2 yrs ago but I didnt grab it coz it was mla based nya 15k ra pay.. dunno if they still have the same offer... maybe better now..
    ☃♥☹❤✴♫♘❧☯✩♪★☮♥☼❦♬☂

*coy - company
    ☃♥☹❤✴♫♘❧☯✩♪★☮♥☼❦♬☂

Quote Originally Posted by tokidoki
    2.) They claim the 90+ of the Fortune 100 companies belong to them. However, I find it disturbing that they themselves are NOT part of the Fortune 100 companies. Simple logic would tell you nga if tanan sa mga datu imo mga customers definitely madatu ka. Ngiga nila noh, they mean to say they are far better than the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and Sun?
    I think they are not claiming that they are far better than the 3 that you've mention co'z first and foremost they(Accenture) are not competing with them in terms of products... they even need them for their business to grow. I also think that not all companies on the Fortune 100 are all into IT/Computer industry most of them are into manufacturing, foods, malls, etc. These companies needs solutions provider... Accenture and other companies of the same nature needs softwares/hardwares to provide solutions to these companies. What I understand with their claim that they have the 90+ fortune companies maybe in terms of the solutions provided. They became rich because of these but the likes of Microsoft, Oracle, Sun would be much richer since these 3 are the raw materials that Accenture's solutions provide. The companies that they have provided solutions with will even be more richer because of these. These companies (MS, Sun, Accenture etc) maybe on the same industry... IT, but they are not on the same bracket in terms of services. So for me "Dili ni panghambug ilaha" I hope you got my point, though I also have no idea about the real nature of Accenture sa ako lang sad ni na dunggan... please correct me if I'm wrong.

3.) The bond is 2 years for training in MANILA. Now if gi train ko sa Singapore, Japan, Hongkong, UK, USA or Dubai worth it unta na but 100k for a vacation tour? Even companies here in Cebu don't tie you up that long for some trivial trip such as Manila. 6months bond for such an expense is reasonable but 2yrs? What a waste of other job opportunities! Lexmark, for example, gives a bond of 2yrs for 500k. Worth it gyud to the last peso na nga training kai sa US of A gyud ka punta, a once in a lifetime opportunity for most of us. Or NEC if they send you to Japan not to mention the excess allowances you save on those trips! Hell, you can go to Manila on your vacation leave! Walay mahabilin sa imong allowance if Manila ka i-assign kai sakto2x mana ila ihatag. LOL. Again, unreasonable! Strike 3
    Whether the training is on Carbon Market, Taboan, etc. if the same quality of training is provided that's not a problem.

Here's another disturbing input I got from one of their HR. They compare salaries based on OTHER ACCENTURE locations. Whatever happened to COMPETITIVE ANALYSIS? You compare your salaries with what other companies are offering new intakes. This is why this company is less competitive with existing IT companies here in Cebu. MABUHAY CEBU!
    Then that HR don't deserve to stay in the company heheheh

Here are some worthwhile target jobs to go if Accenture decides to hire you. If they pay you slightly higher or even the same as your current job AND the job involves ORACLE, JAVA or SAP THEN GO FOR IT. Nihit kaayo ang training ana and it's well worth the opportunity and increases your marketability especially if you have plans going abroad like Singapore, USA or DUBAI. Anything other than that, I've been told is a MCJob (n. a dead end job; a job with no future). Legacy apps daw. COBOL, DB2, Informix, C/C++. These jobs reduce your flexibility and marketability.
    I'm not that expert with regards to IT and these technologies but as far as I know C/C++ are foundation languages, If you know C/C++ you would probably or can easily adopt to Java, PHP, and all other languages that is patterned with C/C++. There is a SAP/Db2 or maybe Db3 not really sure though. Cobol... lots of singapore companies are migrating from there old COBOL system to new technologies today, so probably Cobol knowledge(understanding of the language) are still needed for these companies to migrate (dili cguro na mahurot nga mga companies oi until matiguwang naka) so I may think that these are not McJobs

Just my opinion lang ha.

Accenture is here to give jobs to us cebuanos so if you feel that you need a job why not try them. Kng dili mo ganahan sa ila ika offer or hadlok mo sa bond then naa man jd mo option nga mobalibad... win - win situation lang japon heheh.... kng capable plang ko mo try man jd ko ba heheh dili palang jd ko that competent heheh...

Hello, na interview ko sa Accenture. I got accepted last month and turned down their job offer. I agree with the fact that maayo sila ug benefits and privileges, however, a few things why I TURNED IT DOWN:

1.) The salary they offered me was the ceiling price. Imagine 6yrs na akong experience and they paid me just 25k. Imagine that! I currently earn just below that salary when initially I told them my salary expectation was 30k. If I wait a few more months I will earn that same amount. THEY WILL NOT RECONSIDER the offer they gave me. Arrogant sila ha! According to 2-3 more of my colleagues who turned down their job offer (all of whom were given the same rate I had AND had many more years experience) they were also given the same practiced line. "Sir, based on the evaluation of the people who interviewed you this is what they feel you should be paid." Take note mga taga Manila nag interview nimo and I hear suyaon daw kuno ni sila. They don't like the idea nga mas dako pa ta ug mas maayo pa ta nila. Therefore, I conclude this company is unreasonable and I don't work with unreasonable employers. Take note that the 25k is also the same they offer for Manila peeps. I can understand Cebuanos being paid that much given the lower cost of living but Manila at that rate? Patay ta! Gidala man nila ila reputation diri sa pagkabarat sa Cebu. Strike 1.

2.) They claim the 90+ of the Fortune 100 companies belong to them. However, I find it disturbing that they themselves are NOT part of the Fortune 100 companies. Simple logic would tell you nga if tanan sa mga datu imo mga customers definitely madatu ka. Ngiga nila noh, they mean to say they are far better than the likes of Microsoft, Oracle and Sun? It would be worth noting that the last two I mentioned aren't even in the top 100. Naa nana sila sa 200. Accenture does not fall under the fortune 500 companies. If you compare it with Lexmark naa ang Lexmark within the 500 (442 to be exact). Lexmark 36.x per share while Accenture is 38.x. Given the poor market performance of Lexmark this quarter it still a threat to Accenture (or rather Accenture does not pose a threat to existing IT companies in Cebu). I compare it to Lexmark because mao man ang pinaka duol sa ila office. Puro ra man diay ni hambug ila. Strike 2.

Other chances of getting better offers are certifications - especially in software architect level - and longer than a 10yr exp they will give a generous offer. Probably because they can't BS people with that much experience.

hahaha...BS na ilang style bro..

i think comparing accenture to software giants such as microsoft and the like is not right. for one they are not a software developing firm for consumers.

accenture is a mangement group and a BPO as well. they are not a call center. lets put it this way. they do find a call center for thier clients, one of accentures clients is SBC Yahoo which they outsource to sykes, they also have a client that they did outsource to teletech. they develop softwares for this clients to be used by the gents of these call centers.

if you think that 25k is not enough for 6yrs experience. don't take it against the company dude, if they didn't see your experience does comensurate a higher pay because 6yrs for us may be a long time but for them its not.

i do have a cousin who works for accenture in manila and she is recieving more than 50k and she is not even inthe IT department but she has alot of managerial experience.

JUST A TWO CENTS WORTH

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast