Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: SOME PEOPLE belive in GOD but not in RELIGION...

Man can't save himself, that's why there's a need for a savior. I used to think that good works can actually get you
    closer to God, but no, it's not a pre requisite of getting to know God and going to heaven. But rather Good works is
    a result of a surrendered life to Jesus, a result of having a one on one personal relationship with the Master.

thats your God-belief...not really actual FACTS.

Re: SOME PEOPLE belive in GOD but not in RELIGION...

some people refuse to/doesnt believe in GOD because of religion.

we may be just a minority...but hey,there was a time flatlanders outnumbered sphererist. :mrgreen:

ow, I 100% believe in GOD, and I don't believe religion can save my soul, nope. no at all, only GOD can save my lost soul. :mrgreen:

i say God and religion is not for everyone....so is atheism.

the trouble begins when self righteous people provoke the unchristians to convert or else.

more trouble when they provoke the ex-christians, especially those who are fed up...

i say go on with your life, its not your moral duty/obligation to push your faith down our throats...

May be its not really force or pugson. usahay mang gud tungod elated ta or lipay ayo ato masulti, nya sabton lain hilabi na kung dli klaro pagka sulti. :mrgreen:

i think it is not the religion that makes you believe that there is a GOD and that there's a need to believe in HIM...8s your own conviction that sends you flying with faith cause you know that you need someone far superior than you are..a supreme being and what perfect association to that particular being than associating it with the notion of GOD...the fact that we know that this life isnt ours and that we are merely players so we look up to the director for guidance and forgiveness..

i see no problem in people believing in God and not in Religion

the question is, Does God believe in any Religion?

i think GOD doesn't need to be accepted. He is GOD afterall. :mrgreen:

its more on faith than belief.

guilty. i believe in God, definitely. but up until now, i still have doubts regarding religion. its because of "credibility gap." some elders hide their true selves with the words they speak when in front of the pulpit. they smell so good when they're up there but in reality, they're the ones who sin more. pardon me for sounding judgemental. but they're the ones who are supposed to know the scriptures thats why they're preaching it, but they do exactly the opposite. this doesnt apply to everyone though, i just know some. thats why i dont quite believe in 'religion." but i believe in God. i believe the scriptures. i believe in the good. which brings me to believe in evil as well.

as to the question how does one get close to God?

He is everything that you are. get to know yourself. the more u know you, the more you'll know Him. its only when you get in touch with your human self that His true image is revealed. in the process, it might make u feel unworthy because you might realize bad deeds. but whats important is that you still know that you did some things wrong. at least you still have a conscience. and that's one sign that He lives in your heart. after all, He is God and we are His.

8s a question of faith and faith is a choice... :mrgreen:

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast