Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    i did. before i reinstalled vista, i made sure the entire drive is in unallocated space mode. then i created 2 seperate partitions of different sizes(sizes not similar to what i had on the previous vista)

hopefully the next time i get a new mother board, i'll format it again and see if grubloader still exists.

or can you guys help me with the link i gave to you? there are many positive reviews on the tool but i just dont really know what parameters to use. i might screw the hell out of my hard drive.

PS: i dont wan't the ripley's believe it or not philippine edition. it sucks. i want the international edition! muhahahaha.

i will try this one. any suggestions before i try it? instructions and alike?
    i second the motion. im using this right now. vista ultimate x64, osx (hackintosh), 8.04 ubuntu
    if youre using vista, buddy, try easybcd. very easy and user friendly interface. even a 3rd grader can learn it without reading the manual. its freeware. try googling it.

to get rid of GRUB:

try this:

-get a Win98 Startup disk or CD..
    -on the command prompt. issue the command
    ' fdisk /MBR '
    -restart

explanation: this will reset the MBR

fyi: do it at YOUR OWN RISK, i take no responsibilty for anything... thanks

"fdisk /mbr" will do the trick... we already tried this since redhat 6.2 with windowsNT. hehe XP or vista should be the same.

i did. before i reinstalled vista, i made sure the entire drive is in unallocated space mode. then i created 2 seperate partitions of different sizes(sizes not similar to what i had on the previous vista)
    Puzzled kaau ko bro .. how many physical disk ang imo machine diay?
    lets assume you only have 1 physical HD, disconnect or better yet remove the other drive, using any disk utility software remove all partitions and reformat the drive ... grabe pa jud
    ALONE:Hated and Punished

tang tanga imo uban HD..ipabilin tong naay GRUB...

na solve ra nako fixmbr sa xp nga recovery
    naka try sad ko sa win98 fdisk /mbr..na fix sad

kalima nako nakasugat ani..na solve ra nako tanan gamit ana

yup sayun rana especially vista ka..

load your vista.. then go to recovery then command

type fdisk
    then list disk
    then select disk1
    then select partition 1 to be ur active partition
    then exit
    then fixboot dayun ka..or let vista repair your boot lang.. then ur good na

title says it all. here's the scenario:

i used 2 hard disks in my desktop at home and dual booted xp and ubuntu 8.04. xp was installed first in the first hard disk and ubuntu was installed in the second hard drive. a month ago, my dad borrowed my drive that has ubuntu in it and never to return again. although wala na ang ubuntu, naa gihapon ang grub bootloader. i reformatted my pc and changed my operating system to vista but still i see the grub bootloader. at first ok ra nako na samok ang bootloader, pero it gets annoying because it eats alot of bootup time. even reformatted it twice because i changed my mobo, its still not gone. but then i replaced my hard-drive with a bigger capacity, i cloned my old hard disk to the newer hard disk but got corrupted files again. i reformatted again but still the same.

the last thing i did was using the repair console to remove grub bootloader but still it doesn't work. anyone there who is knowledgeable that can erase grub?
    Issue like this can be resolved via win2000 or xp console by invoking the command FIXMBR and FIXBOOT. Grub was install in the first sector(MBR) in your drive and even you cloned it to other drive... it doest mean it will gone. The point is you clone the drive so it will copy everything including the MBR where is the grub is written.

Default e try remove partition and repartition again using win98

by using win98 try remove partition repartion agian
    i guess it gone

bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /fixmbr

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast