Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Home Theatre and Surround System

For the amp which is nicer: Denon or YAMAHA Rx V450?

bros, is the amp, receiver, tuner all the same?

There's this Samsung 42" plasma for only 199k and LG 42" plasma for 180k but both are not HDTV ready...Dako ba ang difference if its an HDTV ready?

If hdtv ready na kay lapas naman sa ako budget gud na 200k. Its like 280k!!!

I go for the JBL speakers!!!

@cholocoy: bro, where did u get that info na up to 30,000 hours ra ang plasma life span?

Ang technician sa Creative sa Sm ni ingon na average viewing of 6hrs a day it would last up to 23years daw

AFAIK, receivers include both the tuner and the amp. when you say amp, it's basically the amplifier only. same goes for the tuner.

Yamaha is nice, my dad has one... but i think Denon is better... ^_^

@pogy_uy...

that would be at least 200,000 hours of viewing pleasure... but I think 23 years would be to much... i mean, with the rate, our technology is growing... i think after 10 years, our technology today would be out of date... ^_^

between the two (Yamaha and Denon), i'd go for Denon 'coz IHMO, it sounds warmer than Yamaha

...but i still love my Onkyo

@idlewild: ok! Denon it is!!! Pero bro, dli ni plug and play dayun noh? daghan pa ka au ni mga adjustments once everythings interconnected?

bro, if you were to choose between LG and Samsung... What brand would you choose?

@dom_08: sa SM gihapon na nimo g.purchase imung yamaha na receiver bro?
    You're ryt! maybe 20 yrs after ma obsolete na ni ang plasma na atong g.discuss run.

most of the adjustments you'll be doing is on the placement and level setting (relative volume) of your speakers. most receivers feature a test function that will send a pink noise across each channel (from left to center to right, and so forth). depending on the acoustics of your room, you may need to adjust each speaker's volume separately.

Sight Beyond Sight. muzikfreakah's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I prefer LCD over Plasma

Recommend you setup HTPC also (home theatre P.C.) powering your video and audio. YOu still need to get a denon amp or whichever you choose .

Depending on the size of your room, LCD, if you have a large room for multiple audiences, get a projector. Speakers B&W are one the best available.

Two shops you can get good equipments:
    1.) Sound and images, Banilad, on top of CAFE GEORGE before Country Club, Right after tinders BOX.
    2.) Circuit City country Mall.
    The Wonder Pets of a Reptile Addict.

www.mytechisland.com

@ryan@arctech:

y LCD man boss ryan? What are the difference bet. plasma and LCD d.i? Dba mas mahal ang LCD?

If HTPC ang setup...how much are we talking about here? and unsa ang SPECS sa imung cpu ana? mu require pa lagi ta ug fabric screen and a special projector for that sa?

i'll check those places out when i'll be in cebu. Tanx!

bai, i'll echo everyone's sentiments about going the HTPC way.
    although the PC would eat up on your budget but the beauty of it is that you will be able
    to play just about any media format.

most HTPC setup is PC based (hence the name) but you might want to try something else.
    if i had your budget, i would go for a mac mini. the form factor i think is perfect for the job.
    then get yourself an lcd or plasma with dvi input.
    galaway ko cgeg hunahuna ani

http://www.apple.com/macmini/
    http://www.machtpc.com/

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast