Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

technology is limitless for human mind(some)..

technology is limited to our imagination :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ed168III View Post
    ic, how do this actions stops the growth of technology?

You're kidding right? Analogy.

In a quiet meadow somewhere, an ant colony is at its peak...colony is thriving, food is plentiful, lots of ant larvae on the way, all ants are happy...and then...one day, SCREEEEECH....a bulldozer comes and clears away the colony to make way for a new shopping mall.

Now, in the year 2036, Earth is at its greatest...we've stopped global warming, we've stopped using petroleum and fossil fuels, we rely on totally renewable energy. We have staved off runaway population growth, cured cancer, AIDs and other major diseases and illnesses...there are no more wars, there is no more poverty...there is very little sadness in the world...the world is becoming more and more the world that we have always wanted...thanks to technology...and then...one day, out of the clear blue sky...

...SPLAT!... a NEO impacts, and wipes out all life on earth.

Now don't tell me that human technological innovation will continue after this event.

-RODION

create a new earth.... if the technology can...

good analogy sir rodsky... hehehehehehe

add ko gamay, if the december 21, 2012 will truely occur causing the polar shift, erupting all the supervolcanoes on this planet, leaking all the nuclear plants, creating massive tsunamis, creating the mega-quakes.... chuvaness, killing all humans. yehey! no more humans, no more technology. kuridas tanan!!

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    You're kidding right? Analogy.

In a quiet meadow somewhere, an ant colony is at its peak...colony is thriving, food is plentiful, lots of ant larvae on the way, all ants are happy...and then...one day, SCREEEEECH....a bulldozer comes and clears away the colony to make way for a new shopping mall.

Now, in the year 2036, Earth is at its greatest...we've stopped global warming, we've stopped using petroleum and fossil fuels, we rely on totally renewable energy. We have staved off runaway population growth, cured cancer, AIDs and other major diseases and illnesses...there are no more wars, there is no more poverty...there is very little sadness in the world...the world is becoming more and more the world that we have always wanted...thanks to technology...and then...one day, out of the clear blue sky...

...SPLAT!... a NEO impacts, and wipes out all life on earth.

Now don't tell me that human technological innovation will continue after this event.

-RODION
    ants does not have technology nways.. got ur point, like kung end of d world na? end na sad ang technology? is dat wat u r trying to say? like end of human race?

Blog Entries
    the limit of technology is the generation of man, time and chances.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ed168III View Post
    ants does not have technology nways.. got ur point, like kung end of d world na? end na sad ang technology? is dat wat u r trying to say? like end of human race?
    From our (literally and figuratively) "lofty" vantage point, we don't think ants utilize technology, but in their own small ways, they do have things akin to technology, but we don't define it to be technology because of its seeming crudeness. Similarly, at our current stage in civilization, we're just "ants" to what we can potentially do with the universe (i.e. star-tapping, tachyon-travel, etc.) if we just continue to thrive and exist and improve as a species, meaning, if there was another more advanced civilization out there, who are already doing these things, we must appear to be like "ants" in their eyes.

-RODION

lets go back to human species, at least mas maka relate ta. pls answer my last questions. tnx

it's actually understandable...

if those circumstances happen... those GRB and NEO things...

then as clear as glass there's no more reason for
    technology to exist...

as simple as that...

we're just a tiny speck in this vast universe....

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast