Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 7DMM View Post
    they even surpassed japan
    In terms of launch capability/payload, yes. However, that's an overly sweeping statement in that the Japanese aren't that behind in space exploration--they're working closely with the Americans. In fact the last two Shuttle missions were done for the assembly/completion of the Japanese KIBO experiments module.

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    In terms of launch capability/payload, yes. However, that's an overly sweeping statement in that the Japanese aren't that behind in space exploration--they're working closely with the Americans. In fact the last two Shuttle missions were done for the assembly/completion of the Japanese KIBO experiments module.

-RODION
    you're right. i focused my statements on manned space exploration programs.well, japan had astronauts(on board US spacecraft) but what i meant was that japan wasn't able to send astronauts to space using their own spacecraft which they could have done a long time ago.
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Blog Entries
    you're right. i focused my statements on manned space exploration programs.well, japan had astronauts(on board US spacecraft) but what i meant was that japan wasn't able to send astronauts to space using their own spacecraft which they could have done a long time ago.
    Yep, and yes, sad to think that they envisioned their own country as having those capabilites by the year 2000, pero they weren't able to achieve it...yet. But...

...they do have this...
    Tanegashima Space Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kaguya probe's HDTV broadcase of EarthSet and Earthrise from the moon.
    YouTube - JAXA/KAGUYA Earth-Rise and Earth-Set image over the moon

...they too, will get there.

Trivia: Do you know that Tadao Nagahama, creator of Chōdenji Machine Voltes V (超電磁マシーン ボルテスV) was inspired by the American Apollo Lunar Missions, in that the docking sequences of the Apollo CSM and Lunar module gave him the idea of "Let's Volt-In!"

Apollo CSM about to "volt in" to the LM still embedded in the S-IV Stack...

...Voltes V was inspired by the 60's moon missions

-RODION

Quote Originally Posted by rodsky View Post
    Yep, and yes, sad to think that they envisioned their own country as having those capabilites by the year 2000, pero they weren't able to achieve it...yet. But...

...they do have this...
    Tanegashima Space Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kaguya probe's HDTV broadcase of EarthSet and Earthrise from the moon.
    YouTube - JAXA/KAGUYA Earth-Rise and Earth-Set image over the moon

...they too, will get there.

Trivia: Do you know that Tadao Nagahama, creator of Chōdenji Machine Voltes V (超電磁マシーン ボルテスV) was inspired by the American Apollo Lunar Missions, in that the docking sequences of the Apollo CSM and Lunar module gave him the idea of "Let's Volt-In!"

Apollo CSM about to "volt in" to the LM still embedded in the S-IV Stack...

...Voltes V was inspired by the 60's moon missions

-RODION
    thanks for the trivia. seems that i've been out of touch when it comes to space programs lately.used to read a lot about this when i was much younger (elem days)
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

Blog Entries
    thanks for the trivia. seems that i've been out of touch when it comes to space programs lately.used to read a lot about this when i was much younger (elem days)
    Which is exactly why I used to do voluntary amateur astronomy lessons, and why I keep posting news about space exploration and astronomy in boards such as iStorya--murag after elementary years, wala na dayon mention about space and space exploration as you grow older--puro nalang about nursing and how to run a business ang naa sa sulod sa utok sa mga bata esp. when they reach college. The sad thing is, any great nation and culture had started off learning about astronomy during the infancy of their culture and country, and because astronomy is the cradle of all the other sciences, it led to the development of such countries using science to advance themselves and prosper.

I have a very simple wish and belief. If we can get all Filipino kids nowadays, to get started and get interested in space, and the sciences, I believe this is one of the many steps we can use to get this country jumpstarted so that it can head towards a better future.

-RODION

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

Blog Entries
    Last edited by rodsky; 09-28-2008 at 08:55 PM.

hmm just wana ask.. naka ad2 jud ang americans sa moon? tnuod jud to? or just hinimo lang to sa isa ka room?

Lol I don't know if it's just me but the CNSA logo looks so trekkie.

Quote Originally Posted by jude86 View Post
    hmm just wana ask.. naka ad2 jud ang americans sa moon? tnuod jud to? or just hinimo lang to sa isa ka room?
    by the time the chinese could make it to the moon then they will verify it for all of us. hehehehehehe
    Audentes Fortuna Juvat

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast