Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

I'm actually a Samurai, I have the emperor's dragon blood flowing down my veins...

Hey I came here because I thought this would be an interesting discussion, only to find out that some people are starting to take this seriously. guys, please don't turn Istorya into a watering hole for deluded idiots.

It's kinda hard to discuss this in fairly serious manner since samurai, their code of battle and their lives are fairly well documented (Book of Five Rings, anyone?) while ninjas are practically myth. but that's the whole point of being one with the night, correct? to cleverly hide one's true nature. If I were a ninja and somebody would tell me ninjas exist, i would probably laugh and tell them they have a wild imagination. If ninjas were alive today, I'd imagine them to be like Jason Bourne, cool-headed and very plain.

"I am a shadow, I have no name..."

According to what i've read, ninjas commonly served as spies, messengers and of course, assassins. they were reputed to live among normal folk as monks, fishermen, carpenters, etc. TO be identified as a ninja would have meant death.

Only those who were of royal heritage or Samurai could wear their swords in public, so ninja and their ilk had to make use of unconventional weapons, most preferably those that could be concealed easily.

Their weapons were usually inferior to the katana the samurai class used, so direct confrontation had to be avoided. it was a common tactic to wear the target down with ranged weapons, usually laced with poison, before striking him down in his weakened state.

to be a ninja, you'd have to be very crafty. I personally prefer being a samurai, charging down the fields of Sekigahara on horseback, seeking out the head of Mitsunari Ishida.

Plus, ninjas don't get to own custom made katanas 2000 layers of steel and all.

the ways of the samurai!

sa ninja ko

Quote Originally Posted by rwind64 View Post
    if you guys are thinking Naruto ninjas, don't.
    Ahahaha.. LOL.
    Yeah, definitely don't. xD

@Inahime: I was so tempted to post "why so serious?" after your post just for teh lulz. But yeah, you actually made a point.

I bought a book about the Codes and Ways of the Samurai from a 2nd hand bookshop and read in disbelief on their customs and whatnot. They were pretty tight and strict on their rules and traditions. Though i was unable to finish the whole book, their codes made me dizzy and headache-y. There were a lot. But their codes truly are thoughts worth keeping. Lots of stuff (thoughts and beliefs) you can learn and use in your way of living.

And all this Way of the Samurai thing reminded me of Samurai Champloo's op song, Battlecry.
    *insert "some days, some nights. Some live, some die in the way of the samurai. Some fight, some bleed
    sun up to sun down the sons of a battlecry" part of the song*

I don't know much about Ninjas, except i've read somewhere that you can have a Ninja tour trip in Japan where they'll tour you to an old japanese castle with secret doorways and stuff. Oh, and i think i've watched something similar about that in channel 13. But based on Inahime-san's post, i don't think Ninjas are that bad. Well, maybe it's just me since i prefer to be in the background than in the front.

Lol. Now i'm torn.
    Mixed breed, anyone? xD
    Nah, j/k.
    Last edited by blissfullynaive; 11-14-2008 at 03:10 AM.

ninja lang ko...

i'd rather be a samurai.
    *reminded of the movie "The Last Samurai"*

id rather be a ninja....stealth kills...

and one more thing: samurai get to wear those pretty kimonos...

ninja nalangn.. lol..

Ninja ko kay mangamang man ko inig ka gabii hehehe. Ayaw ug saba. >

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast