Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Istoryans: Let us help, Nanette......

naa siya sa ilaha ron. gipakonsulta lang siya didto. di daw siya violent.

guys i think mas maayo kung maka organized ta ug fund raising for her para makakuha ug mapacheck ni cya sa lain doctor for further diagnosis...

bisan gamay gamay lang basta maka tabang ta

thanks!

@damiro

please pm sir beor or galadriel tita or any modz here para maka organize ta ug fund raising schedule if ever

Quote Originally Posted by Jpacs29
    guys i think mas maayo kung maka organized ta ug fund raising for her para makakuha ang mapacheck ni cya sa lain doctor for further diagnosis...

bisan gamay gamay lang basta maka tabang ta

thanks!

@damiro

please pm sir beor or galadriel tita or any modz here para maka organize ta ug fund raising schedule if ever

thanks @ jpacs

nag PM nko ni Monrose about ani...then hulat ko unsa iya mga maayong huna2x ani then pm na dayon ko nila
    sir beor ug ni ma'am galadriel

Here's an article from the Discover magazine about conditions like hers.
    http://www.discover.com/issues/may-0.../vitamin-cure/

Hope this can help her.

Here's an excerpt from the article:

Poor Man’s Pharmacopoeia

A number of common nutrients may help alleviate mental illness when taken in higher-than-normal doses. A few of the most promising candidates follow.

FOLIC ACID

Folic acid is a B vitamin essential to mood regulation and the development of the nervous system. Patients deficient in it appear to respond poorly to antidepressants. In one 2000 British study, 127 patients taking Prozac were also given either 500 micrograms of folic acid a day or a placebo. The folic acid group did significantly better, in particular the women, 94 percent of whom improved compared with 61 percent in the placebo group.

MAGNESIUM

It’s long been known that magnesium can act as a sedative. Some studies have also found magnesium deficiencies in patients with depression, although the evidence is inconsistent. The mineral may help other mood-stabilizing drugs work better. Researchers at the Chemical Abuse Centers in Boardman, Ohio, found that combining magnesium oxide with the drug verapamil helped control manic symptoms in patients better than a drug-placebo combination.

CHROMIUM

Several studies have suggested that chromium picolinate may help alleviate depression and improve the response to antidepressants. In one small trial at Duke University, 70 percent of the patients who were given chromium picolinate improved, while none of those given placebos got better.

INOSITOL

This sugar molecule appears to make the brain’s receptors more sensitive to serotonin, one of the chemical messengers that mediate mood. In a series of short-term placebo-controlled trials, researchers at Ben Gurion University of the Negev in Israel found that large doses of inositol—12 to 18 grams a day—helped alleviate depression, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

The study of micronutrients and mental health is known as orthomolecular psychiatry, a term coined by two-time Nobel laureate Linus Pauling in a controversial 1968 essay. Pauling wrote that nutritional supplements, unlike psychotherapy or drugs, represent a way to provide “the optimum molecular environment for the mind.” Varying the concentrations of substances normally present in the human body, he wrote, may control mental disease even better than conventional treatments.

are they really sure it is schizophrenia. gosh... poor girl..

naa pud siya Vicente Sotto Psychia? Dakong problema... mabuang sya samot didto... given the facilities and care... ambot...

There is really no known cure for schizophrenia/psychosis... hinaot pa unta na dili siya paranoid schizophrenic... However, there are medications to alleviate her fits/mood swings... Then a warm and friendly environment free of stigma could really help.

I'm willing to help around... Just keep me posted

Quote Originally Posted by mata_hari
    are they really sure it is schizophrenia. gosh... poor girl..

naa pud siya Vicente Sotto Psychia? Dakong problema... mabuang sya samot didto... given the facilities and care... ambot...

There is really no known cure for schizophrenia/psychosis... hinaot pa unta na dili siya paranoid schizophrenic... However, there are medications to alleviate her fits/mood swings... Then a warm and friendly environment free of stigma could really help.

I'm willing to help around... Just keep me posted
    you can pm damiro. he can give you options on how to help her. makapangayo sad ka niyag copy sa medical abstract and prescription gikan sa doctor.

Why don't you go to MJRTC in talamban? Some of the patients there can receive free medications. It is run by nuns and the place is great. It is also a psych ward but more of a day care center. anyway, MJRTC stands for Maria Josefa Recio Therapeutic Center (not sure). I'm a student from velez college and i'm doing some voluntary work there because of my subject. Got lots of OT friends which can greatly help your friend.

I want to help since its my responsibility due to the ethics of my course. thanks and God bless with all ur help.

is she still in the psychia ward sa sotto (actually TB pavillion karon)? cos mo.start kog duty didto ugma...ill go visit her.

up lng ni nako...samtang nag-paabot pa ko sa mga replies

up...

gud morning sa tanang nagmonitolr ani...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast