Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default terri schiavo case...agree? o disagree?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spec-V
    Her situation is not special coz theres a lot of families who also have that kind of situation...
    huh? i hope that this isn't the trend, disposing lives just like that...

'Twas an act of euthanasia. She was still alive when they pulled out the feeding tube, effectively dehydrating and starving her to death. She died of dehydration not other natural causes.

I say Judge Greer also be put to death by dehydration and starvation, along with Michael Schiavo.

What happens if the husband and the family run out of money because they continue to keep her alive?

Terri had a $1.2M Medical Trust Fund.
    An offer of $1 million to give up his role as guardian for Terri was rejected by Michael. He apparently also rejected other offers including one reportedly for $10 million.
    Others would have helped, including the government.

@Dilbert:
    it probably wont happen..there are many support groups who is willing to reach out for some financial aide..

Quote Originally Posted by unofficialplayer
    'Twas an act of euthanasia. She was still alive when they pulled out the feeding tube, effectively dehydrating and starving her to death. She died of dehydration not other natural causes.

I say Judge Greer also be put to death by dehydration and starvation, along with Michael Schiavo.
    I dont think the courts will rule out as simple as that; There has been numerous consultations between the courts & experts in the medical field.

Some people just made a hoopla on this....& so much time on their hands.

does the life of the people, would just depend on the court's decision because they thought it would be good.
    but have they looked on the other side..where there are more people..who are willng to help terri?!.

it ultimately depends on the person who is on the vegetative state. but we all know they are unable to express how they feel about the situation so the decision goes to the people close to her, and the media stirs it up, now the court is in on it too. its just sad how it all works. but i think, IMHO, that people in this situation where they're good as dead already, might just want to go in peace. with all the ruckus going on, i'd just probably die and get it all over with, but thats just me.

also, i dont think anyone can help her. its a lost cause from the beginning. PSV is irreversible and well... its just depressing to see somebody in that state. but removing the feeding tube and letting her suffer for days was just plain wrong. surely there could have been other ways to handle this delicate situation. if any of you have ever seen the spanish film last year called "The Sea Inside" which is based on a true story about a quadreplegic(spelling)man for 20+yrs who has been battling the courts so they can allow him to end his life, maybe you'll think differently about situations like these. although terri's case is different coz she cant talk.

i cant wait to see his girlfriend marry a man like him!...uggh! :8O: :!:

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast