Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Working in call center is really bad for health?

Quote Originally Posted by CocoCrunch View Post
    i agree with stress but isn't it also present in other jobs as well?
    its not present in my job

1. I don't have stress. Problems are very manageable
    2. I don't work at night. I work if I want to.
    3. No rotating shifts. I hate it when I remember those old days.
    4. Thank God, I never had insomnia.
    5. I don't sleep in the morning. I sleep when its time to sleep & of course it would be at night.
    6. No vices (cigar, beer, women, not even coffee)
    7. I had all the time with my family.

Granting you are a doctor or nurse or a security guard, would you experience clients shouting at you? Giving you all the "shits" those crazy & illiterate foreigners can think of? These professions mentioned are treated with respect. How about yours?

Blog Entries

I work in a call center. Definitely it is up to the person if he really wants to take care of himself or not. I work in the night shift, I make sure I get ample rest, when I sleep during the day I make sure the room is as dark as it can be. I eat my meals regularly, I exercise daily, I practice with our basketball team twice a week and play games twice a week. I do not drink or smoke. Stress? It will always be part of any job-I just make sure I shrug it off with a smile.

Hey, it's not a job for everyone. I've worked in tech support for close to four years now. I've seen every possible scenario, heard every excuse, had every derogatory term, slur, and insult hurled at me. I still enjoy my job though.

Granted, our company and our account isn't as stressful as other call centers, and that plays a really big factor. We don't get as many calls and we basically have free rein as to how every call goes. I also learn a lot from this job, and I even got a Cisco certificate (that I got while training in-house) to prove it. So yeah, bottom line: it can be a sh*tty job, but if you're lucky enough to work in a good company it can be fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by cirext View Post
    its not present in my job

1. I don't have stress. Problems are very manageable
    2. I don't work at night. I work if I want to.
    3. No rotating shifts. I hate it when I remember those old days.
    4. Thank God, I never had insomnia.
    5. I don't sleep in the morning. I sleep when its time to sleep & of course it would be at night.
    6. No vices (cigar, beer, women, not even coffee)
    7. I had all the time with my family.
    then i envy you.

doctors, nurses have different stress. they are dealing with life. operating a body is already too much to be compared with clients shouting at agents.
    Yeah you can't sometimes be respected but if you are too emotional and weak to deal with those "crazy & illiterate" foreigners then you are not fit for this job. If you just want to be respected then be a teacher or something.
    It's already given that you will be dealing with irate clients and stuff but people still applied to this industry. If you can't handle it then transfer a field. it's that simple.

call center will always stays as a call center..while bad health is up 2 u how u handle yourself..

Quote Originally Posted by cirext View Post
    Granting you are a doctor or nurse or a security guard, would you experience clients shouting at you? Giving you all the "shits" those crazy & illiterate foreigners can think of? These professions mentioned are treated with respect. How about yours?
    murag mas grabeh man tingali ang stress ma hatag anang doctor/nurse ka.. nya naa ka situation nga kung ma sayop ka dedz ang imo patiente

security guard nga kahibaw ka delikado ang lugar kung asa ka na assign

kanang shagitan ka sa "crazy & illiterate foreigners" .. naa training unsaon pag deal ana nila.. kung ma dugay ka sa industry maka hibaw naka sa technique

atleast dili life and death situation nga stress ang ma dawat sa isa ka call center agent unlike sa:
    1. security guard/police/military
    2. safety engineers sa oil rig
    3. medical personel (ER, OR, etc)
    4. factory workers/engineers (labi na nag deal ug chemicals nga delicado)
    5. commercial/combat pilots

for me.. it's ok to work in a call center as long as you know how to handle stress properly..u notice that pag mangaplay ka sa call cnter, mao jud ni basic na ipangutana sa imu sa interviewer..kung kbalo lang jud ka aning stressful job muhandle, makaya ra man..

kapoy jud call center oi cgeg adjust sa oras

Working in call center is really bad for health? dili man tingali daghan lang jud abusado sa ilang lawas nga mga call center agents. Pero ngano ang uban ni survive man... Depende ra tingali na sa imong lifestyle...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast