Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Quote Originally Posted by LightBearer View Post
    I went to Basilica Sto. Nino for the mass. The message was about the birth of Jesus and how the 3 magis were guided by the star to the Son of God.

Let me share what I heard. The 3 magis were astrologers, take note of that, they were not christians but they were led by the Holy Spirit right to the Christ, Savior of the world. Isn't that amazing?

The Jews,who are well versed in the Scriptures considered as God's chosen people with the exception of handful faithfuls, were not aware of the birth of their Messiah. Tragedy, isn't it?

there are different ways to know God, for the 3 Magi the STAR was their guide to the Christ. For the Shepherds the ANGELIC hosts were there guide to their Messiah.

What's the point? again I will repeat what I said, there are different ways to arrive at God, the Catholic Church has no monopoly of Salvation. This is what the Vatican 2 upholds and it stays true to its call for Universalism.
    i will repeat also, there are 6 protestant Ministers who were there to participate making and changing the doctrines of the catholic and it is the Vatican II... and we all know maybe youre not, that the protestants since the very beginning and Luther himself saying this that they will destroy the mass of the catholic as well as the doctrine because they know that if the doctrine and the mass is destroyed, everything will follow even our faith and the Holiness....

44. Because the abolition of the traditional Mass recalls the prophecy of Daniel 8,12: "And he was given power against the perpetual sacrifice because of the sins of the people" and the observation of St. Alphonsus de Liguori that because the Mass is the best and most beautiful thing which exists in the Church here below, the devil has always tried by means of heretics to deprive us of it.
    49. Because the New Mass attempts to transform the Catholic Church into a new, ecumenical Church embracing all ideologies and all religions—right and wrong, truth and error—a goal long dreamt of by the enemies of the Catholic Church.
    and now they successfully destroy it....cant you see that?
    if not then i you were blinded by the new teaching which is half Catholic & Half Protestant....
    But God only judge sinners...
    Only Religion will lead us to salvation.... & salvation can only be attain if we share Jesus Christ sorrow in His passion...
    maybe what i share to you maam is enough.. then ikaw na lang bahala magtimbangtimbang.. if you will stand on that, then i have nothing to do with that, you have your Freewill....
    just dont abuse it....

Quote Originally Posted by munzter666 View Post

but really now, one must put their TRUST and FAITH to the words of MEN first, before their respective GOD/S.
    if you are Catholic bro... try to review your Cathecism...
    if not a catholic, we accept convertion....

i have a copy of "nourish your life with the council" it outlines and expounds the things discussed and agreed upon by bishops and theologians during the second vatican council. the principles are not so "liberal theology" or "apocalyptic" as most people think. in fact, i think they are in-line with the catholic tradition and quite simple for lay people to understand. although they do emphasize on social justice, which for me, still, has traditionally been a Christian concern and not a modern innovation. Catholics and other Christians should examine them closer rather than judge them based on what they heard about it. This has been one of the problems concerning Vatican II: due to misinformation it has been popularly viewed as too scholarly, or too intellectual, or too exclusive / secretive which gave it an aura of mystery, if not conspiracy. But the truth is, it's not at all that. Find a copy (very cheap - 20 pesos only) and read it for yourselves.

to rclong_rey: the statistics you showed are not that convincing - you should not view the patterns in conversion in the united states as caused by only one factor, namely the promulgation of the new mass. there were other more direct and logical factors such as the growth of post-modern culture which emphasized on individualistic / new age spirituality among other things or new socio-economic trends or political movements (for instance, the Vietnam War and Cold-War hysteria which bred a generation of young people disenchanted with anything traditional) - all hardly the creation of the second vatican council. you are right though in pointing out that the RCC should not bend or compromise its moral tradition - but you didn't need to because, truly, it has NOT (!). Listen to how it has continued to speak out against abortion, divorce, same *** marriage, capital punishment, artificial birth control, violations of human rights and dignity, etc. despite the risk of it being labeled "kill joy" or "ultra-conservative" or "unfashionable."

+++

About the "universal" orientation of the church: the RCC has always been universal. Catholic is a synonym for universal. The RCC does not present itself as the exclusive vessel of God's love, rather, it preaches (according to its apostolic nature) the universality of God's love. That God's love is overflowing, that it cannot be contained and that it is there and here for everyone.

Blog Entries
    Again I repeat...this is not so much about spirituality and occult but rather politics of the Roman Church. Please move this to other thread. Thank you!

5.    Advertisement

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314