Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

yes oi! kaw d i wla ka sin?

Quote Originally Posted by josephdc View Post
    ^ What doesn't matter sis, to have those labels?
    ot: yes. do you think those labels matter?

What would be their reasons for committing crimes? Are you saying that those justify stealing and killing?

.. is this an innocent question ?? i hope it is. Well, let me just put it this way, i have a lot of friends that are "criminals" so to speak, and i asked them to why they do the things they do. The only answer I got was they did it out of necessity, coz they have no work, they have no business and they need to survive, they need to feed their family, they have tried to find a job, but to no avail and out of desperation, they opted to steal and rob. This is probably the most painful statement i've heard from them MAU MAN GUD KA, KAY NINDOT MAN KA PAGKABUTANG, KAMI INTAWN WA GYUD ... with that statement alone, i really can't condemn them. That's why, being a sinner or a saint, as miyay put it, is always subjective.

.. and i never said that the genocide in the time of noah was morally wrong, i only said, it was discriminate killing.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    The people then was so decadent, they were given a chance to change and was being warned, but to no avail they did not heed the admonition, that is why GOD created the great flood to cleanse the world from sins. There is always a conflict in terms of monetary needs against righteousness, but then again we are given that intellect how to devise things just to conform on both.

Quote Originally Posted by fingolfin View Post
    .. your comparison to god's judgement and to istorya.net's moderators are for a lack of a better word, inappropriate. Here in istorya.net, members are being punished due to their mistakes, we have a set of rules and if any of you violates them, we mandate the consequence INSTANTLY. But with your so called God, me alone, have broke every commandment in the Bible and yet where is my punishment ?? For sure, the religious will say, WAIT TILL THE FINAL JUDGEMENT ... this is clearly off topic really.
    I'm just giving you a slight similarity of the situation sir... the difference tells us that we cannot level ourselves to God.. The good thing about him is that even though you broke every commandment he's given to us yet he still gives you a chance to redeem yourself.. i'm sorry if we're going way out of topic here..

let me tell you a short story...

Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a holy man and
    the other a tax collector.

The holy man stood and prayed, 'God, I thank you that I am not
    like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like
    this lousy tax collector. I fast twice a week, I give tithes
    of all that I get.'

But the tax collector, standing far away, would not even lift
    up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, 'God, be
    merciful to me a sinner!'

Jesus explains: 'I tell you, this tax collector went home
    forgiven, rather than the holy man; for every one who praises
    himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be praised.'

Beware of the proud holy man who hangs a bunch of rules
    around your neck.

That humble tax collector had it right. He was doing the only
    thing you and I can do to be accepted by God. He just asked, with
    humility.

sorry for being off topic...
    Last edited by treize; 03-18-2010 at 03:49 PM.

.. is this an innocent question ?? i hope it is. Well, let me just put it this way, i have a lot of friends that are "criminals" so to speak, and i asked them to why they do the things they do. The only answer I got was they did it out of necessity, coz they have no work, they have no business and they need to survive, they need to feed their family, they have tried to find a job, but to no avail and out of desperation, they opted to steal and rob. This is probably the most painful statement i've heard from them MAU MAN GUD KA, KAY NINDOT MAN KA PAGKABUTANG, KAMI INTAWN WA GYUD ... with that statement alone, i really can't condemn them. That's why, being a sinner or a saint, as miyay put it, is always subjective.

.. and i never said that the genocide in the time of noah was morally wrong, i only said, it was discriminate killing.
    So OK ra diay nang mupatay og tao, or kawatan nimo ang tao, or daoton nimo ang tao kung desperado ka ky naa ka pamilya nga kailangan nga pakanOn? How about ka2ng mga biktima nila? Wala diay to cla pamilya nga pakanOn pud?
    Last edited by Maikeru; 03-18-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by miyay View Post
    ot: yes. do you think those labels matter?
    Yes, I do believe they matter sis because they help us recognize the reality of sin. "Sin" is just another name for acts that are morally wrong. So people who commit moral wrongs are "sinners". And who among us has never committed any sin? So it's extremely important that we recognize that reality so that we can order our lives for the better.

Yes sir I just want to understand your view.

But you said sir that morality is always subjective. Does it really matter whether or not the person did it out of necessity? If morality is always subjective, that means each of us have our own standard of right and wrong, right? So whatever may be your motive for stealing or robbing, it wouldn't really matter because what's wrong for you may not be wrong for me. Did I understand you correctly?

Do you think genocide is wrong? Do you think "discriminate killing" is wrong?

which is an evil act...

1.) killing a priest

or

2.) killing a taliban

or

3.) killing a criminal

bottomline.. your just killing a human... it only becomes "sin" when you put biases into it...

sin is basically what we dont like or anything that we feel is not appropriate... and such things vary from person to person

Yes, I do believe they matter sis because they help us recognize the reality of sin. "Sin" is just another name for acts that are morally wrong. So people who commit moral wrongs are "sinners". And who among us has never committed any sin? So it's extremely important that we recognize that reality so that we can order our lives for the better.
    i see. who dictates what is morally wrong or right?

11.    Advertisement

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast