Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default The Church is responsible for over population in the Phils.

*** EDUCATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GOBERNO ANG MAGPA IMPLEMINTAR ANI, before magminyo attend ug FAMILY PLANNING ug stricter rules sa 2 kids for every family. These should help to control the population explotion in the PHILIPPINES.

Kurdapyas mindset is this. Few people, good life. She is so lucky she is born earlier how about if she is yet to be born and there are people who are pushing the same ideas? She will never see the light of day and the beauty of the world all because there are people who are too selfish to share God's gift to everybody else.

kurdapya will end-up being ensnared in a CONDOM

Quote Originally Posted by gareb
    exactly. or at least how the economy is handled. this is not just a matter of deciding how many children to have, unfortunately. besides, 'deciding' how many kids is not exactly what people have in mind during cold nights... and to think that contraceptives are no longer free these days.
    It goes with the assumption that 'those people' would always be like that. How about teaching them abstinence and self-control? They can change their habit, can't they? If a true Christian conscience is develop and nurtured in every man, I believe that 'that' would be better solution. In a contraceptive mentality, the 'habit' continues without opprotunity for any discernment of its consequence.

with the highly impotent public health sector, plus degrading quality of public education, it is not really a wonder why people tend to bear quite a lot of children. good if they can sustain their needs. bad if they cannot.
    Are they impotent because they have not been so active in the contraceptive propaganda? In the days of Juan Flavier, you would probably not call that Department of Health as impotent. You really think people are having a lot of children because of the degrading quality of public education? That's new.

problem is, these squatters themselves come from rural areas. indeed development is concentrated in the urban areas, while the countryside remains backward; basically because of land ownership. there is no equitable distribution of land. no land = limited opportunities. the land question has been around for ages. but has been left unanswered as the very same policy makers and people at the high ups are the same who owns these vast tracts of land.
    You are, of course, including here the congressmen and government personnel who promote contraceptive lifestyle. I wonder how people in Manhattan (US of A) find abundant opportunities with such limited land area...

natural or artifical method, it does not really matter which. the important thing here is that if it works or not. the very act of admission by the archbishop suggests that the church indeed has failed its part in teaching the importance of family planning by faling to impress the idea to the people in using certain methods it finds as suitable to its teachings.
    If I have a grudge against a person and I want to take that anger out of my system, could I kill that person just because it works for me? Don't I have an obligation to myself and to the rest of the world to first discern and resolve if the act is morally wrong or not? The admission of the bishops for the lapse of judgement in contesting the spread of the contraceptive lifestyle is a humble act. It takes courage to do so, and to resolve to reverse the effect of such complacency. Now, we work.

we are not exactly after what is the 'valid' method, as long as it works as 'moral validity' is subjective and is sometimes taken as an excuse to suggest religious dogma. the church suggests natural family planning as it best fits its teachings. others suggest more affirmative action. as long as both methods work, then fine.
    You would like to think that morality is subjective. Yet, the reason and evidence for objective morality is beyond reproach. Is there any valid moral excuse for killing a healthy baby in the presence of its loving mother? Even our laws is dependent upon the existence of objective morality, or else you could never convict a criminal - much less call that person a criminal. That person may think that what he has done is not a crime. Who are we to judge him so if morality is subjective?

Overpopulation is a myth. The world is NOT running out of any single necessary resource due to having too many people. Shortages are a result of unjust distribution, greed, war, etc. There is more than enough of all necessary resources for several times the world's current population.

The UN Population Division has already warned of population decline. It projects there will only be 9.1 billion in 2050, up from today's 6.5 billion. The latest forecasts were published Feb. 24 by the Population Division of the U.N. Department of Economic and Social Affairs.

The US Census Bureau noted that world population growth is SLOWING TO DANGEROUS LEVELS (http://www.lifenews.com/nat397.html)
    Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A report released Monday by the Census
    Bureau shows that world population growth is slowing to dangerous
    levels.In its report, "Global Population Profile: 2002," the Census Bureau
    notes that the 74 million people added to the world's population in 2002
    were significantly fewer than the high of 87 million people added in
    1989-1990. The growth rate was a meager 1.2 percent, down from the high of
    2.2 percent in 1963-64.
    The NEWSWEEK cover story last September 18, 2004 was about the MYTH of overpoipulation (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6040427/site/newsweek/) The US Census Bureau has warned that population growth is slowing to dangerous levels. How much more evidence do we need to disabuse ourselves of the overpopulation myth?

Think: Australia, Canada, the USA, Europe are all INVITING whole MIGRANT Families. All these rich countries are INVITING / BEGGING for workers: nurses, teachers, maids, yayas, caregivers, engineers, managers, technical personnel, seamen, mechanics, etc. Why do they do this? Answer: They have no people to fill in those jobs. They already contraceptivized themselves many generations earlier and we are following the same decline in births but this time at a much STEEPER DECLINE. In those 1st world countries, the birth decline took them 100 or more years. In our country, it has only taken 40 years. In other ASEAN countries, the decline only took 20 years!

The hysteria over the "population explosion" is a waste of time and resources, and directs attention away from the REAL CAUSES of shortage and poverty. Julian Simon, analyzing the effect of population grwoth on economies, had this to say:
    For 25 years our institutions have mis-analyzed such world development
    problems as starving children, illiteracy, pollution, supplies of natural
    resources and slow growth. The World Bank, the State Department's Aid to
    International Development (AID), The United Nations Fund for Population
    Activities (UNFPA) and the environmental organizations have asserted that
    the cause is population growth -- the population "explosion" or "bomb" or
    "plague." This error has cost dearly. It has directed our attention away
    from the factor that we now know is central in a country's economic
    development, its economic and political system.
    It suggests that
    attention be paid to population growth rather than to fighting tyranny
    and working for economic freedom. This error also has led to Westerners
    condoning and abetting inhumane programs of coercion of couples to
    prevent them having children in China and elsewhere. Perhaps the events
    in Eastern Europe in 1989 and 1990 will open minds to the irrelevance of
    population growth for intermediate-run economic development, and to the
    all-importance of the social and economic system.

what?!? unsa man kalabutan sa church sa overpopulation sa ato country?!? i dont get it....

if you're citing the "go and mulitply" thingy then you're wrong!

kaysa ingon man ang bible na multiply magsige nalang sad diay ug multiply? omigish if that's how the people take it then omigish dugay na unta na overpopulated ang phils.

ang dapat i blame kay ang pagka irresponsible sa mga people na who loves sticking their "thingies" rather then planning first kung naa ba cla ikahatag na future para sa ilang offspring

ang dapat i blame kay ang pagka irresponsible sa mga people na who loves sticking their "thingies" rather then planning first kung naa ba cla ikahatag na future para sa ilang offspring
    My Cebuano is quite bad, but let me reply to what I think you're saying...

I agree we should be responsible. I do not condone casual and irresponsible ***. Neither does the Catholic Church (and other religions as well). But there are DIFFERENT WAYS of being responsible. The use of birth control as part of national policy has DETRIMENTAL effects on the family and morality, as well as on the economy, as the previous article noted. It wastes money and resources and diverts attention away from the real causes of poverty and shortage: injustice, greed, and corruption.

So YES, we should be responsible. And the best and most cost-effective way of doing that is through chastity and fidelity. All the "artificial" methods are just a way of excusing irresponsible behavior.

the cause of our population is because of us.. too much *** is the cause of everything...

hmmmm it can be.... pero dapat.. we indviduals are responsible for this....

uh oh...its self responsibility...
    ☃♥☹❤✴♫♘❧☯✩♪★☮♥☼❦♬☂

11.    Advertisement

Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast