Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Pinaka Hate nga Moderator....

Quote Originally Posted by n`gel
    Hmmm... mods aren't all the same everyone. Lain-lain mi ug personality and dili mi plastic. We don't have to act like angels just coz so we're moderators and sorry to say too we don't have specific rules to "be nice to members at all times". Just doing our job. Although lain-lain ug pamaagi, lain-lain ug delivery, tungod kay dili mi parehas tanan. So... kung na insultohan mo ug usa ka moderator, or para ninyo hambugero, sukol sad... ayaw paalkansi... although.. learn to do it without violating the rules kay kamo man sad alkanse ana. We're all just a battle of words here, walay personalan gud.

I hate the notion that members think of moderators as mas taas kaysa nila. Pulos ta patas diri tanan. Mas pait gani ang moderator kay we have responsibilities... The fact that we're using only one handle for moderating and for posting, dili nato kuhaan ang mga moderators sa katungod to be themselves. Kining mga moderator nga inyong gireklamo ingon ana na na sila daan sa member pa sila, and it's not because na mod na sila, they could suddenly change their personalities. Some moderators have very strong personalities nga kung mo violate gani mo piti gyud. Besides, we think that members have read the rules and regulations and have checked the "I Agree" button. Sa hamubong sulti... "common sense" na lang gud!

I am against depriving these members their right to express their thoughts though... To all other mods and to the admin too... I think having complaints like this is healthy, kaysa i-suppress nato sila sa ilang mga reklamo and force them to respect moderators. Different members think differently too.. basin para sa usa ingon ani ang iya impression sa usa ka mod, and the other lahi sad iya impression.

So... any member who doesn't like me... you can mention it here and I'll tell you why you don't like me. Just don't call me names.
    atlast...someone with sense. a good example of a true moderator. just
    i like you! i like you!

sakto ka, lainx2 man ang personality sa tanan mod. naa man koi mga kaila nga mods and they are quite fine and they threat the members as important as they are. i like you all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CrasHBURN
    I quoted everything... your whole post.... as what you wanted...

There are rules and moderators in this forum. If you dont like us or the rules... YOU ARE FREE.. FREE TO LEAVE... As YOU AGREED on, before you became a member. Remember? You clicked on "I AGREE" button?

have a nice day!
    yup, i clicked the AGREE button, agreeing to follow the rules, and if can't follow them, malas ko....

and clicking on that button i am also aware that there are times when people will be getting in your nerves, flamming you, insulting you and that stuff...moderator or member...

but still i clicked the AGREE button...

There is more to that AGREE button than just rules...your bound to experience hate messages, fights, being misunderstood, stepped by, etc.... we've experienced it...yet we still AGREED...theres no point of getting out now...

maayong gabii sad dha sa inyo crashy!!!

nus-a mani ma undang oi?

nawa naman unta ni nga topic....its alive nasad..

i thought "humana nato after ato..."

well dli jud ni maundang unless both sides accept mistakes..

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

You as LEADERS here should give us RESPECT first and we will GIVE back respect . It might sound BS to you but that is how the real world goes and who cares if this is only a forum . It is by sense very applicable just to anywhere else , now if you dont get back respect then use your POWER of MODERATING . That is a MODERATOR by means .
    This is so typical of the majority of people who do complain. They think they deserve respect by the people who maintain the forum when they themselves disrespect the rules given to them. Disrespect on the user's part is two-fold. One ... they break the rules. Two ... they don't listen when they are moderated. On the contrary to what you may think ... people respect leaders before the other way around. That is how the real world goes. You most of all being in the military should know that. Since when did your CO ever have to show any respect to you before you followed orders? On the flip-side, this is not real life, there are rules that apply here that don't apply in real life and vice versa.

if that attention you will give to members will just worsten then dont do it.
    isn't that the immature aproach? Letting them slide to avoid a what you might call "hassle na" experience? As what n'gel had said, we have different personalities. My approach is often direct, some mods have diplomatic approaches, others have the "bad cop" effect goin on. No matter what approach, the objectives are the same, to make sure that the rules are followed and that it stays that way.

My Mom believes it takes a slap in the hand to get the point across, my grandma seemed to think a slap in the face made the point clearer. Catch the drift?
    this is the line --------- cross it. i dare you

Quote Originally Posted by Zerone_null
    @SPRINGFIELD_XD_40: @clownangel: that used to be what we did before but with the volume of posts coming in it's really hard to do that. Unless, we did this job full time which we won't be doing since we are not being paid. so topics that need to be moved,locked,or deleted are dealt with on sight. Some mods might still practice PMing members, others post a note in our private forum regarding topics that have been handled. I, on the other hand practice neither. I delete, modify, move, and lock threads. I do my moderating job for 2 hrs straight, after 8 hours of work--i do not have the time to PM everysingle topic i've handled. That is what members are going to have to accept. Meetings are conducted to further improve the set of laws and moderation "techniques" of the mods.
    at least now i know!!!

[quote="vern"]
    This is so typical of the majority of people who do complain. They think they deserve respect by the people who maintain the forum when they themselves disrespect the rules given to them. Disrespect on the user's part is two-fold. One ... they break the rules. Two ... they don't listen when they are moderated. On the contrary to what you may think ... people respect leaders before the other way around. That is how the real world goes. You most of all being in the military should know that. Since when did your CO ever have to show any respect to you before you followed orders? On the flip-side, this is not real life, there are rules that apply here that don't apply in real life and vice versa.
    Well this is actually my point when we talk about LEADERSHIP . In a small way other than being a moderator Mr Vernon , have you had leadership responsibilities ever ?? If you did then I dont know how you became a leader or who is your mentor for the sake of your interpretation of the OTHER WAY around of who gets the respect first . I will leave it like that because I know I am right and you think your opinion is right too and I can never change that .

Regarding the MILITARY as your example , may I have the pleasure again of asking you if you have prior experience as a service member ?? Not just some info from family members , friends , etc but first hand experience . If not then it is my pleasure of letting you know that RESPECT does not exist in the MILITARY , service members are just bound for POLICIES to be obeyed and anyone can interpret that as a RESPECT . But the respect we are talking about here in iSTORYA is different , it is the respect of give and take .

Back to your reply about majority of the members are subjected to it because they disrespected the RULES and GUIDELINES of the forums . For the benefit of the doubt , how did you know that we DISRESPECTED it by VIOLATING it ?? Now if you think thatt we violated something , let us know in a constructive way .... dont resort on being SARCASTIC et cetera because from that .... it will be chaos . As an example ..... on my topic about ILLUMINATI , what was your reply ?? your reply was " *cough* bull *cough* s**t *cough* " , now wala ko na gi sakit kay kinsa ra man pod ka ako SAKITON right pero mind you that other people also reads it and then it might not reflect on them because it is not there topic yet you as the person who replied it na moderator will have a bad impact on the words utilized specially in an uncivilized way . If you think I violated posting that topic , you can check similar topics that existed for yourself and everything is locked .
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

[quote="Zerone_null"]
    isn't that the immature aproach? Letting them slide to avoid a what you might call "hassle na" experience?

Nobody said letting them slide on that one Mr Null , as per my point of view for you to understand because I believed it was a misinterpreted message from me . Your choice of words alone made urself confused , "WHAT YOU MIGHT CALL ",ig-agaw na sa speculation. What I meant was approach it in a CONSTRUCTIVE way . Ang gubot imo pa samutan ug gubot ..... samot ka gubot right ?? RIGHT .... Now who is the immature on that action ?? ANg nag sugod sa gubot or nagpadako sa gubot so I suggest na like you said mods have different approach ..... be a LEADER not a BOSS , catch my drift ??.....

Ako lang pasabot gyud is di mo tubay sa pagka toytoy but to fix the problem ASAP in a constructive way .

I now rest my case as I already said my part as whole in regarding to the issue on moderators because the members are exclusive on these because we do have a guideline to follow and does not justify that just because as moderators they dont have a guideline to follow and base their actions too . It is really an irony when the same thing on these issues that both members and moderators including me na guilty pod is DISRESPECTING the topic thru OFFTOPICS .... remember we are in the jusrisdiction of the discussion on who we members hate or dislike moderators the most , I firmly believed that since PAKLAY started the heat on vern ... it should be taken cared of on private messages to avoid OFFTOPIC .

END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END-END
    " A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. " - 2nd Amendment , Bill of Rights of the United States of America

Because we are poor, shall we be vicious? vern's Avatar

SPRINGFIELD ... Your interpretation of leadership is your interpretation of leadership, nothing more. Don't kid yourself thinking that you are right. Yes, it's called the USMC. Maybe you have heard of it. Respect may not be something required, documented, or even mentioned ... but I can assure you everyone in the Corps holds respect for each other separate from the policies the govern the Corps. As for being sarcastic ... how many times must we repeat ... we have no obligation to be nice. If I was being sarcastic in my reply ... what rule have I broken myself? What is inherently wrong with sarcasm that it must be avoided? We are not robots. We are not going to be bullied in our own backyard by members who think that they are above moderation. The members will not be treated like little kids or anything other than as a member. That means NO were not going to wait for you to give us permission to lock your topic or warn you. If a mod wishes to do so, that is his prerogative, but not required. Again ... we are not robots. Whatever your interpretation of how one gets respect is irrelevant. The rules apparently agrees with me ... "Moderators should be regarded with respect." That not only expects respect ... but demands it. Many times that respect is given back. Unfortunately I estimate only one fourth of the istorya members maximum could have actually glanced at the rules, nevermind reading it. Looking at the 2k+ pageviews on the rules thread compared to the 6+k members speaks for itself. Separate the member from the moderator. They are two different people. My reply to you was a reply to your post, and not a personal attack even if you took it that way. Since you don't want to continue ... your points were taken ... and I disagree. I'll leave this at that with you.

hmmm...

but don't you guys think that sarcasm and arrogance create an unwanted impression on the istorya.net members?

11.    Advertisement

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast