Page 10 of 391 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Default Re: Network Administrator or System administrator, Istorya ta diri.

Quote Originally Posted by drwtsn32 View Post
    Peace!

I am not boosting anything I'm just wanted and clarifying something from you. I'm just seeking a proof not just by saying na mas dali ang DHCP e-manage - we need proof on that in a sense na maka-agree sad ko.

By the way, think, this is a forum brad, let me ask u what's the purpose of the forum in a sense? Diba? this is a set of an appointment, argument of facts, chat, colloquy, confabulation, conferring, congress, consultation, conversation, convocation, deliberation, discussion, gabfest, groupthink, huddle, interchange, interview, meeting, palaver, parley, powwow, round robin, round table, seminar, symposium, talk, think-in, ventilation, explanation, and clarification and proof.

Don't think of anything negative about my "key words" down ther - that would makes you a loser! Saying that you can't explain of somthing, I wan't you to show off and stand your answer in a firm way. Like what i've said, this is also not in a superiorism (on my words) or inferior you are, this is just only an argument of deliberation, proof, and action.

I was just asking you, saying, "do you have any comment on this?" - and you don't have any answers and proofs of your statement - lucky those who have proofs - NO. Don't angry or deliver you opinion negatively towards this forum. I'm just seeking some exponential thoughts so, discussion could have spices or chilli or flavors for us.

"This is not a discussion of bad thoughts and feeling, this is a sharing of pie - a different flavor of the pie yet a family of the pie"

amen..

now I understand how to deal with u...

lets back on topic..

@redline.

This is my share.

FACT:
    Sometimes we call dhcp as it is convenient to manage because of the capacity to distribute IP Addresses to the clients without hassle. Now, if your machine name does not change when you get a new IP address. The DNS (Domain Name System) name is associated with your IP address and therefore does change. This only presents a problem if other clients try to access your machine by its DNS name - that's a challenge, right? meaning that's not what you think is convenient anymore. Now, Let's flip the page to the other view, on a static, when this static could be hit by its advantage on management? well, of course on the network side - its speed, easy to determine during troubleshooting, minimize overhead of the server because it doesn't requires additional processing power whether in the appliance or server, easy to trace down the target client, and it is a fixed information. When should this be called inconvenient, it is during on first day of setup, so, once everything has been setup, ther's no other workloads need to do - it is just happen once lang. About the DNS or Gateway that "@redline" is talking about? My question is, how do you often changing your DNS or Gateway Server? very often? (I'm talking to the frequent changing of DNS & GW) - so, do you think this makes sense to the production?

Quote Originally Posted by r0mm3L View Post
    what if there is a need to access webmail from outside? is there anyway to put the mail server at the secure network while ppl can access webmail.

i'm also not comfortable putting mail server sa DMZ

actually the solution for that is an SSL VPN server, juniper and cisco have that solution but some customers dont want to consider that due to high cost.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Q: what if there is a need to access webmail from outside? is there a way to put the mail server at the secure network while ppl can access webmail?

A: Yes Bai r0mm3L, just put your Mail Server (back-end) sa Internal network then sa imong Perimeter or DMZ network kai imong (front-end) Mail Relay Server. Ang user (autheticated) ani mo interact sa front-end server to get web access for reading and sending email. Dayun ang front-end server mo interact didto sa back-end server. Speaking about outside user (Internet) dili ni sila ka interact directly sa back-end server.

------------------------------------------------------------------

What you say:

i'm also not comfortable putting mail server sa DMZ

My answer:

Me too . It is not a good practice to put the Mail Server in the DMZ

What you say:

actually the solution for that is an SSL VPN server, juniper and cisco have that solution

My answer:

It is also a solution but I used RPC over HTTP/s

My current setup is Back-to-Back Firewall with DMZ. I used Cisco ASA as my edge firewall and Microsoft TMG 2010 as my inside firewall. In the DMZ is my Exchange CAS as front-end and Exchange Server inside the LAN as back-end server.

Quote Originally Posted by gabs View Post
    Please help pud. Need sad namo ang monitoring tools.
    Bai Gabs, wa kaayo koi ikatampo ani kai igo rako nanugo sa among Network/System Administrator ani 5 years ago nga mao nai among gamiton sa monitoring. Siya rai akong gipa-install og gipa configure.

@gab, you need to identify your requirements. You can have lot of choices over here, such as,
    • If your Environment is Pro-MS, Select System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), it is costly, but it would gives you lot of benefits in return or Nagios, it is an opensource.
    • Pro-Linux/UNIX, Select Nagios.
    • mixed Env, Select Solarwind Orion, it is costly but it would gives you lot of benefits in return or Nagios, it is an opensource software.

NOTE: most of the opensources are requires expert on troubleshooting because it is complicated to install and buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by j_opawmd View Post
    mga sir ug maam,

Kinsay nag use diri ug symantec backup exec. bag.ohay paman gd ko ani nag manage, ang storage niya kay tape drive.... akong bati.an niya kay dili maka multi backup.

Salamat

ngano di mn mka multi backup sir?
    unsay scenario?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darkdevil View Post
    Come on... You are fully dependent on 3rd party software... When theres a command in windows console named XCOPY
    good day,

i know about xcopy in window, i like this teracopy application it because naa cya history to view, den f mo drop off ang network connection inig balik sa network connection mo continue gihapon lng ang copy. daghan pod cya features like taas na kaau ang filename sa usa ka file, ma copy gihapon niya.
    Kana lng akong ganahan, share lng pod ko.

Salamat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redman View Post
    ngano di mn mka multi backup sir?
    unsay scenario?
    naa me powervault sa DELL with a Left Magazine (Sudlanan sa tape drive), pag abot nko diri naa naman gd ni. connected ni cya sa backup server namo via SCSI interface,with the application called SYSMANTIC BACKEXE, diha nako ma manage ang pag schedule sa back up namo diri,ang problem kay tape man cya 1 at a time ang iyang job,so kung unsa tong nah una iya sa e finish before mo proceed sa next job. sa ka dagko sa file nko e backup diri mga 2 days mahuman ang usa ka job. huhuhuhu dugay kaau.....sa pag kakaron dili ko mo trust ani nga backup, mao to nag setup ko diri lain backup using Netgear Backup. maka multipa, ug paspas pa jud...

Thank you,

good day,

i know about xcopy in window, i like this teracopy application it because naa cya history to view, den f mo drop off ang network connection inig balik sa network connection mo continue gihapon lng ang copy. daghan pod cya features like taas na kaau ang filename sa usa ka file, ma copy gihapon niya.
    Kana lng akong ganahan, share lng pod ko.

Salamat.
    Kay ang xcopy dili kabuhat ana?
    Using /z
    If you lose your connection during the copy phase (for example, if the server going offline severs the connection), it resumes after you reestablish the connection.

For long filename enclosed directories with "" ---> "destination" "source"

naa me powervault sa DELL with a Left Magazine (Sudlanan sa tape drive), pag abot nko diri naa naman gd ni. connected ni cya sa backup server namo via SCSI interface,with the application called SYSMANTIC BACKEXE, diha nako ma manage ang pag schedule sa back up namo diri,ang problem kay tape man cya 1 at a time ang iyang job,so kung unsa tong nah una iya sa e finish before mo proceed sa next job. sa ka dagko sa file nko e backup diri mga 2 days mahuman ang usa ka job. huhuhuhu dugay kaau.....sa pag kakaron dili ko mo trust ani nga backup, mao to nag setup ko diri lain backup using Netgear Backup. maka multipa, ug paspas pa jud...

Thank you,
    if you want to automate your backup's using symantec BU Exec , you need a tape libary
    like this , this will solve your issue

Last edited by Redman; 06-10-2011 at 08:21 PM.

11.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 391 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast