Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Questions Regarding Car Audio.. set-up, Ari ta!

@k sokid, thanks..

ill go for dd2512a na this july(may ta d ma palaw)

Quote Originally Posted by K+SOLID View Post
    hello sir xtian, maayong adlaw!

here's what i posted before when there was one fellow (markzz) who wanted to look for some subs...
    my comment below is for the subs he was trying to assess.

....I used to be an RF fanatic. I loved the way they packaged their products, sleek and really eye catching. on my 1st set up. I had a P2 12 sub powered by a V12 (bootleg) amplifier. was able to turn heads when cruising down the streets. was even able to cause a little rumble sa ayala basement parking, and unleash a flurry of car alarms... hehehehehe

however, when i was introduced sa other side of car audio, SQ (sound quality), the RF subs have been a let down lately.

1st they are quite pricey. 2nd, the subs they are making now, don't have the brutal durability and quality that they used to have. in short, ning mahal ang RF tungod sa ilang marketing strategies, and lesser on the engineering side.

in rating (1 to 5) of price to quality ratio, i'd say RF subs are rated 3. average..

DD on the other hand are still being hand built. they have been engineered well. if you want to play low crawling bass notes (hip - hop and R&B), you better get this sub.

DD512 will do the trick, not too pricey, but more than capable of delivering the bass. ** kindly do not use DD if you are into house, jazz, rock music. kay mabilin ang bunal niya sa baho.

one thing as well, if mugamit man gani kag DD, kindly ensure nga naa kay DAKO nga amp to power them... say around 500 watts to 1000watts. kay mabitin ka kung gamay ra ang wattage sa amp nimo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

imo, each speaker or sub, has its own characteristics. This is just to give us car audio afficionados some benchmark on how our system would sound like.

if you want to have accurate bass you go with JL audio, Image Dyanamics, and more recently with AudioSystem.

if you want to have deep bass, go for DD, Fi, Atomic audio(have heard them, and man! they're crazy as well...) Daghan pa mang maayong brands too many to mention

if you want some punchy bass, try to go for Kicker, RF, and Firland..

of course, these subs would perform better if they will also be paired with some
    good amps on the side.... class D perhaps?

by the way, box tuning may just seem one of the aspects in solving a "bilin" nga bass.

1. one could also tweak into the time alignment as well...
    2. speaker phasing

hope this helps!

Agree ko nimo idol ...

Nindot ipangutana diri da kay naa ang mga bunal boyzz .... hehe ...

mga bossing, naa koy kenwood speakers 300w ba.. pero ug ako pakusgan volume kay mapawng man oi, unya ug hinayan nasad nako kay mu on ra sad balik... dili kada-ug akong car speakers or ang car stereo?.. ako car stereo kay pioneer... need help mga boss.... thanks!!

sir markzz,

if you can get the 87's much better.
    limited ra man gud ang tuning capabilities sa 117.
    thanks k+solid by the way naa pa ba na stock karon? wala ba na usb slot ang 9887? unsay reviews nimu ani nga h.u. ok ba in terms of sound quality?

@markzz

Walay usb slot ang 9887. Mas nindot DAW ang sound quality sa 117 flat settings than the 9887. I dont know how true. Wa pa ko ka audi og 117.

sir markzz,

if you can get the 87's much better.
    limited ra man gud ang tuning capabilities sa 117.

... still agree with idol 9887 is better ... ang usb lang tingali ang + sa 117

------------------

imo, each speaker or sub, has its own characteristics. This is just to give us car audio afficionados some benchmark on how our system would sound like.

if you want to have accurate bass you go with JL audio, Image Dyanamics, and more recently with AudioSystem.

if you want to have deep bass, go for DD, Fi, Atomic audio(have heard them, and man! they're crazy as well...) Daghan pa mang maayong brands too many to mention

if you want some punchy bass, try to go for Kicker, RF, and Firland..

of course, these subs would perform better if they will also be paired with some
    good amps on the side.... class D perhaps?

by the way, box tuning may just seem one of the aspects in solving a "bilin" nga bass.

1. one could also tweak into the time alignment as well...
    2. speaker phasing

hope this helps!
    I agree with your sir that subs/speakers were not made the same...But The brands you mentioned and specifically segregated them kung asa sila nindot nga music gamiton. Unfortunately, I have to disagree (no pon intended) kay few brands you mentioned lahi ang akong experienced kay nakagamit and I managed to play those subs a wide range of frequencies..

Quote Originally Posted by x_tian View Post
    I agree with your sir that subs/speakers were not made the same...But The brands you mentioned and specifically segregated them kung asa sila nindot nga music gamiton. Unfortunately, I have to disagree (no pon intended) kay few brands you mentioned lahi ang akong experienced kay nakagamit and I managed to play those subs a wide range of frequencies..
    hey sir x_tian!

maayong adlaw.

this is a free board, wherein everybody has their stake as well. I have shared my experience on this aspect.

though im a new enthusiast, basically around 5 years in the scene, but have been curious with car audio since high school. Nag experimento pas mini component speakers to be installed in the car. heheheheh

I have yet to learn more things as well.
    I appreciate the points that you have raised, and I respect your opinion.

this is a healthy discussion and I HOpe one of this days, we could meet in one of our EB's or Tambay (for SQ enthusiasts and Loud and Clear boys), and have some cold bottles of beer as well. i would like learn and get some insights from your end as well...

Quote Originally Posted by nowayL View Post
    Nindot ipangutana diri da kay naa ang mga bunal boyzz .... hehe ...
    boss nowayL!

ot: its been a long time sir! how's singapore? been visiting the nikon 5k thread. awesome pix you've got there.

hope maka tambay ta balik sir!

11.    Advertisement

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast