Default Makati: Cost of Living

Hello guys!

Kinsa nay kaadto sa Makati? I'm planning to work there kasi and my employer already arranged a free board for me so wala nakoy problema sa accommodations. Food nalang and transportation.

Any tips on how I could possibly survive in that place?
    Pano naman po yung crime rate? Mataas ba? Mag dadala kasi ako ng laptop, Basin ma holdup unya ko or basin kawaton...
    Naa bay karenderya man lang dadto? Dili ko gusto mugasto ug mahal sa pagkaon kay mao raman japon, pag gawas tae, basta ang ako lang mabusog.

Sa tanaw ninyo, how much akong magasto per day on meals?

Additional tips will be appreciated..

Default Re: Makati: Cost of Living

I lived there for more than 10 years. The cost of living is not different than cebu. Don't let other people fool you. If you eat at the street vendors like here in cebu you'll spend from 30-50pesos. If you eat at malls,fastfood, they cost the same as here. If you eat at restaurants, hotels, they cost the same as here. If you're going to cook for yourself(one person) then its not worth it, same here in cebu. Unless you cook in advance for 3 days with the same meal like adobo, etc, and keep it in the fridge then you'll save some extra cash. Market prices are the same if you know where to buy.
    Gas prices are the same so if you drive a car in cebu, there's no difference. Car parts are cheaper there than here. MRT and LRT is a very good way to travel. Faster and cheaper than riding a jeep, bus, fx.
    One bdr bpartments or single bedspace cost anywhere from 1.5k to 8k depending on your desire for quality of life and location.
    Crime rate is very high though no doubt about that there are more poor people there who try to squeeze themselves into manila. Too congested and over populated. Hence I am here in cebu. Peaceful.

I see.. Thanks for the info.

try the jolli jeep meals, kung naa pa ni. mas mahal ang cafeteria food sa makati. maayo nalang free lodging ka kay mahal kaayo ang rental rates. in 2006, i was a bedspacer paying P1.5K per month, outside the business district. i have a friend who is renting a one bedroom unit at P8K exclusive of utilities. another friend rents a studio pad/condo unit at P12K exclusive of association dues and utilities.

enjoy

wer man ka dapit sa makati stay? naa man mi apartment sa pembo. but puno man ron.. hehe pero dli man kaau mahal ang food didto dapit. same ra man, 20-30 ang pork, veg 10-20, maybe sa uban na lugar sa makati, like sa bsnes dstrct mismo, mahal jud. price sa palitunon same ra man dire. naa ra nimu if magluto ka kay daku jud ka ma save. inig ka dugay nimu daghan man pud ka ma scout na mga cheap na kan anan.. or eat ka 39ners sa jobe hehehe ug sa uban na fastfood hehehe ang health pud nimu.

daghan man pud turo-turo, streetfoods, lami jud ang calamares na tag 3.. hehe kikiam but wala tempura.. tinuod jud na ayaw pailad. act smart.. (char) hehe specialy ug sakay ka taxi.. hinuon naa namna resibo ang taxi pero dgahan ghapon magpakyaw2 style.. bring a map w/ u.

Ok ra sa Makati oi kai naa man c Vice Binay didto heheh you are safe...

where in makati will you be staying? there are places there that are generally safe.
    I agree on an earlier post, cost of living in makati/manila is almost the same now with cebu.

8.    Advertisement