Thread: Nba 2k11

Default Nba 2k11

NBA 2K11 Preview
    Basketball has never looked so good.
    July 29, 2010

Last year's NBA 2K game was solid. There's no doubting that. It featured the same good looking gameplay that we're used to with an insane amount of fidelity in terms of the animations the series has always possessed. Yet, when I sat down with NBA 2K10, I found myself staring at a bunch of cool-looking basketball moves with the feeling of total control being a bit muted. But man, they sure did look great. While I'm happy to report that this year's NBA 2K still looks wonderfully polished even in the early build I just played, gone are all of those canned animations that constrained some of the action to looking more like a movie than a user-controlled basketball game.

This year, just about every single animation can be broken out of and altered in some way. Going for a layup but see a center looming in the lane? Simply alter your shot by tapping the shot stick in either direction (this can also be used to trigger different dunk types, including one that forces your player to hang on the rim after flushing it). In-air collisions that alter your set animations are also in; so even if you don't willfully change your shot, chances are a big center like Yao Ming is going to alter it (and, in turn, your body) for you.

Of course, interruptible animations aren't confined to driving the lane and shooting the rock. Dribbling animations can be interrupted just as easily. First, let's go over how the dribbling mechanics have changed. Rather than holding the right trigger and the left trigger or just the left trigger or some weird timed combination of the two of them, the left trigger holds most of your dribbling moves this year. Simply holding the left trigger and maneuvering the left stick gets you all sorts of moves, but this year they should all make sense.

If the ball is in your right hand and you flick it to the right, he's going to feign a crossover. If you then bring the left stick over to the left, the animation is going to bridge to a full crossover. Of course there are also variants of the crossover from there. Through other finite motions with the left stick (such as going from the left to tapping to the right to going back to the left) you can pull off things like an in and out and a double crossover. Spin moves are pulled off how you'd expect, but in NBA 2K11 the stars of the game make better use of them than ever before.

You know how Kobe does that little spin move directly into a pull-up jumper? Lakers haters despise it, I'm sure, but that's not stopping it from making an appearance in this year's game and looking great. Speaking of Kobe, players can now do his annoying size-up dribble (and pretty much any other player's size-up move) by holding the left trigger. If you hold both triggers you'll instantly enter a post-up position. Players can use this anywhere on the hardwood, which means you'll be able to bring the ball up the court Gary Payton-style if you want.

This year's "Videogame Team" as 2K Sports put it. Meaning everyone is going to use them.

The depth of the new dribbling mechanic is huge. Far beyond anything I could grasp in my short demo. Thankfully the 2K developer, who was kind enough to beat the piss out of me in my first game, showed what a little practice could bring. He was pulling off moves like the Euro-step layup all over my grill and everything I saw looked great in motion.

While dribbling was no-doubt a huge focus for the development team at 2K Sports, the passing game has seen a similar number of refinements. Total Control Passing, a feature that made its debut in NBA Live 10, is being brought to NBA 2K11. Simply hold the right shoulder button and you'll be presented with the typical icon passing prompts, then you'll need to either press or hold a player's button to get him the ball. Pressing it will pass it instantly while holding it will allow you to control that player manually until the button is released, at which the point the pass will be made.

Play calling has also seen a great overhaul. I've never been one to spend the time calling plays in a basketball game -- call me a newbie if you must – but this year's game is going to change all that. Now all you have to do is tap the left shoulder button to bring up what looks like the same Total Control Passing button prompts, but this time when you press a player's icon you'll be presented with a list of plays for that player. You can also instantly become that player with a press of the right shoulder button and send him on a cut in any direction you want with a flick of the right stick.

Oh, and cuts to the basket are finally made with a sense of urgency so that it will be painfully obvious when you've missed an open man streaking to the hoop (as I did during the demo). If you want to intentionally miss the guy cutting, you could always fake the pass (new this year) with the B button (Circle on PS3), causing the defender to swipe at the ball and drive to the hole instead. Of course, you can run a list of plays by pressing the appropriate button on the list. This year, each team has a list of roughly 30 authentic plays that 2K got right from the coaches with over 1,000 true-to-life plays overall.

Give it a kiss off the glass, Tim. You big pansy.

It's that sort of attention to detail and authenticity that really makes NBA 2K11 what it is. Lebron James feels like Lebron James, and he damn sure looks like Lebron James. His jumper, his crossover, the way he finishes at the hole, the way he runs up court; it's all vintage King James. 2K Sports put a lot of emphasis on making sure that the players always moved in some sort of rhythm so as to avoid looking like robots at any point. There are still some transitions between animations that need some work, but for the most part they've nailed it even at this early stage.

Physical play (bodies jostling in the post or when a player drives to the lane) is getting an overhaul this year as well. If you played last year's FIFA game from EA Sports, you'll know what to expect from NBA 2K11. In other words, you're always able to have a sense of control even if your player is bumping into someone else on the court. No matter the collision, the goal of the development team is to ensure that players always feel like they're in control of their player's weight and momentum. I didn't get a chance to get a feel for the feature yet, but I'll be sure to dive a bit deeper the next time I get my hands on the game.

In case you haven't figured it out by now, there are a lot of gameplay changes in NBA 2K11. Far too many to be dished out in a single preview. Rest assured, if you were someone who hated the feeling of being out of control in last year's game, you shouldn't have that problem with NBA 2K11. From spin moves that branch into one-armed pump fakes to those that end in jump shots to dribble animations that can branch into any number of moves, 2K11 seems to have really nailed the look and feel of the NBA with the gameplay revisions.

Thankfully the graphics follow suit with some of the most realistic player faces ever seen in a basketball game. The framerate still needs some work during transitions between gameplay and shots of players on the sideline, but for the most part everything runs well. Oh, and the cheerleaders have seen a visual upgrade as well. I'm not kidding; the Lakers girls actually did look quite nice.

We'll have a lot more information on NBA 2K11 as we get closer to the October 5 release date – including information on how Michael Jordan fits into all this madness – but until then, feast your eyes on some fresh screens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2K Sports Compiles Most Powerful Hoops Soundtrack Ever for NBA® 2K11 to Complement the Series' All-Time Greatest Cover Athlete
    Soundtrack raises the bar with diverse lineup spanning Drake to The Alan Parsons Project alongside the national NBA 2K11 producer/MC contest winners
    New York, NY - July 29, 2010 - 2K Sports today announced the soundtrack for NBA® 2K11, the latest installment in the top rated and top selling NBA basketball simulation franchise*. Complementing the appearance of Michael Jordan, the series' greatest cover athlete to date, the soundtrack is the biggest and best in 2K history, offering an eclectic mix of upcoming breakout bands and highly acclaimed artists. The soundtrack includes an original, exclusive track from the quadruple platinum-selling artist and 12-time Grammy nominee, Snoop
    Dogg, that illustrates his long-standing enthusiasm for the NBA 2K series. Other notable artists include Outkast's Big Boi, Drake, Kid Cudi, Two Door Cinema Club, The Constellations, and The Alan Parsons Project performing the Chicago Bulls' intro song.

Featuring Michael Jordan as this year's cover athlete, and several new gameplay modes and updates, NBA 2K11 continues its trailblazing reputation of weaving both emerging and well-established musical acts into the basketball mix. The soundtrack will sharpen this year's greatest basketball simulation ever with an extensive collection of 29 tracks from artists that tap into the energy, hustle and excitement of the NBA®.

"NBA 2K is the basketball game that everyone plays, from NBA athletes to celebrities to music artists. Snoop has been a long time fan of the NBA 2K series and because music is such an integral part to the gameplay experience, it was a perfect fit for this year's title - one of the greatest rappers making an exclusive track for the greatest NBA game," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "With NBA 2K11 we hope to exceed expectations by featuring both an impressive array of established artists like Big Boi, Kid Cudi and Drake who definitely balance the hoop action, alongside emerging talent, such as the winners of our national MC/producer contest."

Following is a complete track list for NBA 2K11:

1. Snoop Dogg - NBA 2K Theme
    2. Big Boi - Shutterbug
    3. Drake - Over
    4. Cassidy - Game Time
    5. Ron Artest - Champion
    6. Duck-Down All-Stars feat. Buckshot, Skyzoo, Promise, and Sean Price - Better Than You
    7. The Alan Parsons Project - Sirius
    8. Art vs. Science - Hollywood
    9. Big Rock Candy Mountain - Rocketship
    10. Brunettes - Red Rollerskates
    11. Chicharones - Little By Little
    12. Children Collide - Skeleton Dance
    13. Constellations feat. Asher Roth- We're Here To Save The Day
    14. Dan Black feat. Kid Cudi - Symphonies (Remix)
    15. Delorean - Deli
    16. Ev - Home Of The Brave (Instrumental)
    17. Failsafe - Hope & Only If We Learn
    18. HOGNI - Bow Down
    19. Kidz In Space - Downtime
    20. Middleman - It's Not Over Yet
    21. Rakaa feat. Aloe Blaac - Crown Of Thorns
    22. The Redland - So Far
    23. The Russian Futurists - Paul Simon & Precious Metals
    24. Sonny Bones - Rise
    25. Two Door Cinema Club - I Can Talk
    26. Yung Autmatik & Bayroot Productions - Go Hard or Go Home
    27. Dux Jones - Pourin' It On

NBA 2K11 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available October 5, 2010.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Developer Insights : The Jordan Challenge

First edition of the Developer Insights for NBA 2K11 has been posted. It includes a full list of the Jordan Challenges as well as a list of the classic teams that will be immediately playable. It also mentions signature shots, moves and tendencies for all the historic players as well as hinting at alternate commentary.

The Challenges:

The Arrival
    When: April 20, 1986. Game 2, 1st round playoffs vs. Celtics
    Goal 1: Score 63+ points
    Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field

One-liner: Jordan made his mark with this 63 point playoff game against a heavily favored Celtics team.

69 Points
    When: March 28, 1990. Regular season game vs. Cavs
    Goal 1: Score 69+ points
    Goal 2: Shoot 50%+ from the field
    Goal 3: Win the game

One-liner: This time Jordan gets the win by dropping 69 points and putting a dent in the Cavaliers’ playoff plans.

Shootout
    When: Any date in 1990. Regular season game vs. Hawks
    Goal 1: Outscore Dominique
    Goal 2: Hold Dominique under 25 Points

One-liner: Jordan and Dominique Wilkins face off in some of the all-time greatest scoring performances of the era.

Bad Boys
    When: May 26, 1990. Game 3, Eastern Conference Finals vs. Pistons
    Goal 1: Score 47+ points
    Goal 2: Win the game

One-liner: Jordan showed the Pistons and the world that no defensive strategy could stop him for long.

1991 NBA Finals
    When: June 2 thru June 12, 1991 vs. Lakers
    Goal 1: Average 31.0+ points
    Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field
    Goal 3: Win the series

One-liner: Jordan silenced the doubters by coming back from a game one embarrassment to thrash the Lakers in these Finals.

The Shrug
    When: June 3, 1992. Game 1, 1st round playoffs vs. Blazers
    Goal 1: Score 35+ points in the first half
    Goal 2: Make 6+ threes in the first half
    make 6+ threes in the 1st half
    Goal 2: Hold Drexler to under 20 points
    Goal 3: Win the Game

One-liner: Just to prove a point, Jordan sets the tone for the series by dominating the first half of this first Finals game.

Double Nickel
    When: March 18, 1995. Regular season game vs. Knicks
    Goal 1: Score 55+ points
    Goal 2: Shoot 55%+ from the field

One-liner: After a stint with the bat, Jordan returns to New York to tear up the Knicks for 55 points and an unforgettable pass.

Father’s Day Victory
    When: June 16, 1996. Game 6, 1996 Finals (last game of series as Bulls won 4-2) vs. Sonics
    Goal 1: Score 22+ points
    Goal 2: Grab 9+ rebounds

One-liner: Michael ran the table over the entire league but this fourth title would prove to be just as special as his first.

The Flu Game
    When: June 11, 1997. Game 6, 1997 Finals (not the last game of the series as it went to 7) vs. Jazz
    Goal 1: Score 38+ points
    Goal 2: Grab 7+ rebounds

One-liner: A very ill Jordan still manages to both dominate the game and hit the winning shot in the last seconds of the game.

Michael’s Last Dance
    When: June 14, 1998. Game 6, 1998 Finals vs. Jazz
    Goal 1: Score 45+ points
    Goal 2: Get 4+ steals

One-liner: With one final resounding shot, Jordan seals both his legacy and the fate of the Jazz’s championship hopes.

And the teams:

1985-86 Chicago Bulls
    1985-86 Boston Celtics
    1989-90 Chicago Bulls
    1989-90 Atlanta Hawks
    1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
    1989-90 Detroit Pistons
    1990-91 Chicago Bulls
    1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
    1991-92 Chicago Bulls
    1991-92 Portland Trailblazers
    1994-95 Chicago Bulls
    1994-95 New York Knicks
    1995-96 Chicago Bulls
    1995-96 Seattle Supersonics
    1996-97 Chicago Bulls
    1996-97 Utah Jazz
    1997-98 Chicago Bulls
    1997-98 Utah Jazz

mayta naa Draft Combine for PC! Please 2K! Please include Draft Combine for PC!

ok ni da... nagduwa man sad ko atong nba 2k10... na draft akng player sa Nuggets...

inig makasuway nakachampion wala na lami.nindot ibalik banga.hehe.
    3peat nami sa BUCKS.and you come undrafted diay,so they pick you rather than draft.that's my opinion

basta mayta naa jud DRAFT COMBINE! PLEASE! LORD!

hehe.. nice ang draft combine bay kay ikaw mudevelop sa imo player og mamasin ka basin malottery pick, 2nd rounder nga non-guaranteed, or undrafted. I played the combine sa 360. If ever ma-apil nas PC included na jud siguro na sa game kay and DC last year sa akong 360 kay ako man gidownload.

ilahi man daw ang draft combine.ambot galibog ko sa interview,sigeg palami gd.hahaha

can't wait for 2k11 hehe

mynta dghan mga history players like clang barkley, stockton, payton, reggie miller & more.. nya ilang mga cyberfaces choi.. nya qng mgduwa sa allstar game naay slam dunk, 3 point shot nya skills challenge.. choi pud qng mduwa nmo c jordan k2ng pg.apil niya sa slum dunk pra mka tilaw pud ta ug dunk sa free throw line ba hehehe

makasuway raman ka dunk free throw sa sprite slam dunk pero nindot unta naa ang contests ig-allstar weekend and sa my player mode.kita kos ELITE 11 and it sucks!

8.    Advertisement