Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Elite Member Platinum Member gregggy_ph's Avatar

afaik geothermal energy from leyte powers most of the visayan/mindanao grid if not some parts of luzon..and i believe that puts the country one of the top producers of geothermal energy in the world..geothermal energy is environment friendly.does emit smoke but less harmful than fossil-fuel burning power plants..but is not cheap needs capital for exploration and drilling

solar cells would be better...but is still expensive for pinoys

biogas/biodiesel for transpo..better yet go hybrid

well, i saw the report on harnessing energy from walking.. i think it was implemented on sidewalks in some European country... and well i thought that maybe we should build around that idea...
    like a gym for example. People expend energy there lifting weights, treadmill and etc. Cant they attach something to gym equipment para m.harness ang energy na g.expend sa person working out.. turning mechanical energy to some other form of energy...? hehehe. just a thought.

and i also saw another idea from some movie. I think twas the mummy.. or national treasure toh. basta naa to cla sa tomb. And if you arrange the mirrors correctly m.harness ang light from moonlight(wuzzit? i forgot.. basta some small light source) K.imagine ko'g city na usa ra ang lightbulb but it has a lot of mirrors.. hehehe. another thought.

New Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Technology

Scientists are tirelessly working on sources of alternative energy so that we can have a better substitute for fossil fuels in near future. We know that sunlight, wind and geothermal sources of energy are better for everyone. But they also need efficient fuel cells for better utilization of power. Solid oxide fuel cells (SOFCs) seem promising enough for both stationary and mobile applications. Stationary use can cover residential applications to power plants. Mobile applications contain energy for ships at sea and in space, as well as for automobiles. Another advantage of the SOFCs is when they are working in reverse manner as solid oxide electrolyzer cells they create pure hydrogen by splitting water.

4.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123