Default A Not So Good Day At Work

It was maybe the second year after I graduated from college. I was an inside sales engineer for an industrial and control distributor/representative in Toronto. This was just before imbedded and PLC controllers took hold of the market. Everything had be be done with electro-mechanical devices. And they took a nasty habit of taking 12 weeks to deliver if we didn’t have them in stock.
    So….. for the most part, people accepted it and scheduled work and projects around it. A few, under pressure, would phone to see if they can get delivery improved. Sometimes I could. Then a few of those would panic. Nothing I could do was good enough. I had one that was a king of panic.
    Sure enough, I got a telex (remember telexes?) from the factory that the shipment for the aforementioned king was delayed a couple of weeks. (Blink) !!! I just went home.
    The next day I was driving to work when I heard on the news that a plane crashed in the United States. This was sad. That kind of news always brought me down. Anyway, I got to the office, got a coffee, picked up the phone and called the king. When he answered I thought I’d do a little chit chat before breaking the news. So I started with, “Did you hear the news about the plane that crashed this morning?” There was silence…. more silence….. he must of heard me….. “Hello?” “OH MY GOD!!! OUR SHIPMENT WAS ON THAT PLANE? OH MY GOD>>>> THOSE POOR PEOPLE!!!” I couldn’t believe. He thought I meant his order was lost in the crash. I had to calm him down. He felt so bad about the people. He was connected to the loss because of the shipment. I didn’t know what to say!!! I was dumbstruck!!
    Two weeks later his order came in, I checked it out, put a note in it apologizing for the lateness, and ship it out.
    The next week, my boss called me into his office. He had received a letter from the CEO of king’s company commending me in my efforts to get that order to them as quickly as I did. My boss’s face was beaming. Patted me on the shoulder…. took me out to lunch. Honestly… what was I going to say

Also if anyone wants to make $3-$5 in like literally 5 minutes. All you gotta do really is scan 1 or 2 receipts from anywhere on App called fetch rewards using my link https://fetchrewards.onelink.me/vvv3...xt?code=NT8FXH Due to the worldwide thing, This actually really helps me out so I would also be thankful
    and I promise you won't be disappointed in the rewards they give out there are even sweepstakes. Also share a wild,crazy or funny story below. I would like to read others experiences.

wow!!))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))

3.    Advertisement