Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i suffered mild to moderate to severe acne and an oily face since high school and im now 26 years old. so its been over a decade since i suffered this skin disease (if i may call it). i was self medicating and have tried almost all kinds of topical treatment over the counter from retinoids cream, salicylic acid, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, etc. some of them worked for me but only gave a short term result. yes it's true, it dries up my acne but after a while i'm breaking out of pimples again and the cycle goes on and on. i never went to a dermatologist because i am always hopeful that i may outgrow this pero wala gihapon nawagtang.hehe and just last month i decided to seek consult from a dermatologist. i visited Dr. Solano's clinic in cebu doc since i've heard good feedbacks about her on this website. she's a very nice doctor, approachable ug maminaw jud nimo plus she's a member of PDS. i told her about my history and the meds i tried. she's kind of worried kay wala ni work nako akong gigamit nga topical treatment nya its been a while na daw akong acne. so she decided to put me on oral therapy and some topical treatment. as of now, wala pakoy 1 month sa akong course of treatment pero makita na nako ang huge difference sa akong nawng before i started the treatment. mo follow up pa ko niya after 1 month para iya ma assess. all i can say, her prescription worked wonders to me.

Default How much did you spend?

Quote Originally Posted by plethoraldork View Post
    i suffered mild to moderate to severe acne and an oily face since high school and im now 26 years old. so its been over a decade since i suffered this skin disease (if i may call it). i was self medicating and have tried almost all kinds of topical treatment over the counter from retinoids cream, salicylic acid, clindamycin, benzoyl peroxide, etc. some of them worked for me but only gave a short term result. yes it's true, it dries up my acne but after a while i'm breaking out of pimples again and the cycle goes on and on. i never went to a dermatologist because i am always hopeful that i may outgrow this pero wala gihapon nawagtang.hehe and just last month i decided to seek consult from a dermatologist. i visited Dr. Solano's clinic in cebu doc since i've heard good feedbacks about her on this website. she's a very nice doctor, approachable ug maminaw jud nimo plus she's a member of PDS. i told her about my history and the meds i tried. she's kind of worried kay wala ni work nako akong gigamit nga topical treatment nya its been a while na daw akong acne. so she decided to put me on oral therapy and some topical treatment. as of now, wala pakoy 1 month sa akong course of treatment pero makita na nako ang huge difference sa akong nawng before i started the treatment. mo follow up pa ko niya after 1 month para iya ma assess. all i can say, her prescription worked wonders to me.
    HI! Thanks for sharing your experience. Ask lang ko, how much did you spend on your first visit and what exactly were the meds prescribed to you by Dr. Solano? Thanks in advance sa pag reply

How's your overall treatment? I think i have the same case as yours that's why dr. Solano put me into isotretinoin treatment. 10mg only lang daw but 3-6 months. I'm afraid about the relapse kay mabasa nako sa net kasagaran mubalik daw ang acne pag dili 0.5-1g per kg of body weight ang dosage. I have topical prescriptions too. Clindamycin toner ug sun block. Recently naa koy lightening gel. And mext month daw kay mag laser mi which is 3k per session. Haay. Expensive sad siya. Hehe.

Blog Entries
    when I had Alopecia before the I went to Dr. Divina Go for consultation den iya advice is mg undergo sa ko ug some tests before cya mka treatment since then ni balik jd ako hair. then last year I suffered skin infections in my hands ddto ko ni Dr. Hope Solano since mo dawat cyag Intellicare ni reseta cyag ointment then so far nawala2x na akong skin infections sa akong kamot.

hi ts, prehas tah..
    i have been to so many doctors..
    even sa CRB, entawon, cge lng ko treatment ddto ug iontophoroses - limot ko spelling
    mwala lageh pero mbalik nsd..
    nbalik ko sa iyaha, mao rah ghapon iyang ingon.. pwerte rbang mahala, every week..

i was desperate njud and my last option was on pills.
    hormone pills
    ako ako lng jud ng.buot entawon ky gkapoy njud ko ug dermatologist nga cge ppalit ug tambal or ptreat sa ila clinic..

so far, entawon n.uyon ko sa pills..
    i was using YAZ, used it for more than 2years.. about 800per month nah
    yes, WAS jud ko n.undang ko mga 1yr nah guro and kluoy sa DIOS, wla nah entawon ni balik.
    though naa mga nbalik mga dagko, i go directly daun sa clinics offering injection - mwala daun xa within 3days! as in!
    medu mhal2x sd ky naa 200 per pimple or 500 max 5pimples.

Maybe it was a problem with your hormones or your unhealthy lifestyle. I've had the same problem but when I began to run each morning and quitted smoking I got rid of the acne on my face.

Acne is a serious problem, moreover when you're young. When I was a teenager and had acne on my face I worried too much about it, it was so stressful for me to go outside. I had even been depressed because of that. I also thought it was because of hormonal disbalance but when I went to a dermatologist at a private skin clinic I was explained that I needed to eat healthy food and make acne treatment. That treatment helped me a lot. After that, I still go to a dermatologist at least twice a year for some skin treatments. I can advise you of acne treatment and hydro dermabrasion which will improve and revitalize your skin.

Thanks for the info here! I have been looking for some acne treatment too recently, and I need recommendations on some good medicine! I found some interesting solutions on eDrugStore.com, for example, and I think they are good. What do you think, guys?

9.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12