Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Advantage kaau kay there are a lot of jobs in Cebu. Pero kung mag BPO ka kanang mga big companies like JPmorgan or convergys.

@JuanFromCDO, yun din sabi sa akin, marami raw dyan opportunities sa Cebu. Start muna ako sa ibang BPO for experience before sa captive. Pero in case natanggap agad sa captive, mas ok..

up for this thread

Quote Originally Posted by StarChild View Post
    Hi Istoryans, I'm new here. I'm from Mindanao and I'm planning to relocate to Cebu soon with my wife and kids. I'm looking for a job and I was advised to try out BPOs for a decent income and additional rewards. I'm planning to start as a chat support representative for experience. My average WPM typing speed is 85 and above with 99.9% accuracy. I do have some questions though, I hope anyone could give me a decent answer.

1. How much is the usual entry-level salary for a chat support representative?

2. Any outstanding BPO companies you guys can recommend (preferably the ones that keeps promises)?

3. What are the typical requirements needed? (Type of IDs, Clearance, etc)

4. Is it fine to apply online?

Daghan salamat sa tanan in advance (I'm not sure if I said it right, my Bisaya is a little rusty).

Good luck

Kumusta na ka TS? Nakakita na gyud ka ug work?

Maka remember man sad ko sa akong first day as CSR uy. Kulba hinam

gagmay ra jud ang sweldo kung chat support imo applyan...samot sa walay experience... mag start jud na sa 12k ug mag come around jud sya sa 12k.. hehe... laway puhunan jud sa bpo... mas dako sweldo ug voice jud ka.. good luck!

It's been a while guys, just to give you an update... Mag 4 years na ko diri sa Cebu (on May 2019)

When I arrived here before, I only applied for 2 companies, the first one placed me on a wait-list and I got rejected sa 2nd one. I felt like giving up already and I planned to just go back home sa province. Good thing after a day I received a call from the first one for a final interview, it could be my lucky day because the interviewer was so nice and gave me a chance.

My first company/account was an American ISP, it was too much to handle at first, like the metrics, processes, and call handling. The whole BPO thing is a new world for me, it was like a jungle with both dangers and treasures. After 6 months, I was promoted to becoming an SME. It went great for another 1.5 years but then I realized that I need to step my game up, I was about to take that TL position that was offered to me but when I researched more, I found out that there are other BPOs with the same job nature that pays more (double or triple). I then found my 2nd company...

My second company/account is all about real estate (non-sales), I was taking calls for a year and I got the opportunity to be transferred to a back-office like position, less stress (compared to taking calls). Right now, I get a fixed sat-sun rd (paid American holidays off), can choose my own breaks (no adherence), and get paid more... and not to forget, I was able to migrate my family here for a better and happier life.

My advice to newbies is just adapt to all those changes, never stop learning and always have patience. Always have that positive attitude and always focus on the brighter side. I noticed that people who complains a lot ends up jumping around..

Thanks Istoryans! This community helped me a lot..

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by StarChild View Post
    It's been a while guys, just to give you an update... Mag 4 years na ko diri sa Cebu (on May 2019)

When I arrived here before, I only applied for 2 companies, the first one placed me on a wait-list and I got rejected sa 2nd one. I felt like giving up already and I planned to just go back home sa province. Good thing after a day I received a call from the first one for a final interview, it could be my lucky day because the interviewer was so nice and gave me a chance.

My first company/account was an American ISP, it was too much to handle at first, like the metrics, processes, and call handling. The whole BPO thing is a new world for me, it was like a jungle with both dangers and treasures. After 6 months, I was promoted to becoming an SME. It went great for another 1.5 years but then I realized that I need to step my game up, I was about to take that TL position that was offered to me but when I researched more, I found out that there are other BPOs with the same job nature that pays more (double or triple). I then found my 2nd company...

My second company/account is all about real estate (non-sales), I was taking calls for a year and I got the opportunity to be transferred to a back-office like position, less stress (compared to taking calls). Right now, I get a fixed sat-sun rd (paid American holidays off), can choose my own breaks (no adherence), and get paid more... and not to forget, I was able to migrate my family here for a better and happier life.

My advice to newbies is just adapt to all those changes, never stop learning and always have patience. Always have that positive attitude and always focus on the brighter side. I noticed that people who complains a lot ends up jumping around..

Thanks Istoryans! This community helped me a lot..
    Paki pm kos 2nd company nmu bai....

9.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123