Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

retired at an early age of 23. now, just 5 years after that, im already halfway at my goal.

age is just a number.. no one is as old as he think

Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Beau View Post
    *mods, i can't use the search feature. if a similar thread already exists, kindly merge this with it. thanks.

many of us don't take the time to imagine how our life would be in old age. i mean, when we are in our 70's, 80's, or 90's...when we are way way far from how mobile, alert, and mentally sharp as we are now.

perhaps it's the fear of it that we don't want to even think about it. but whether we like it or not, fear it or not, we are going in that direction.

so let me imagine mine.

when i'm old (like 70 years old) i want to be living in my own condo in a first-class retirement community. that is whether i have (or still have) a husband or not, whether i have grown kids or not. i just want to have my own place where i will be taken care of excellently and enjoy this phase of my life with fellow oldies. i'll make sure i'd have my regular manicure, pedicure, perm, facial, foot spa, massage, etc. I will enjoy my day playing board games with my buddies. will participate in group swimming, dancing, tai-chi, gardening, etc. If i am not so mobile and strong i'll have my assistant to help me in activities of daily living.

those are the dailies. my other activities would include being consulted on matters of national interest (ehem...let me just enjoy this part, ok?). ya, i mean political and business leaders paying me visits or me being invited to meetings, fora, sessions...stuff like that.

and perhaps writing books, yes. my autobiography should have been a national bestseller by then. i'd be writing on economics, business, relationships, single living (especially if i had chosen to be single, as in never married).

my family and relatives can always visit me in my plush condominium and they would always envy my lifestyle hehe. if there are grandkids then they'd always look forward to visiting me, for what kid wouldn't drool over the sweets in my fridge? not to mention that lola is so nice to hang around, of course. my own grown kids (again, if i had them) look up to me. they regard me with deep respect and admiration (whooaaa serious na ni!).

hala ka nindot ani i imagine oi. unsaon man ni pag attain? should be part of our overall life strategy sa kay just imagine the opposite di ba magkurog jud ta sa kahadlok...waaaaaa kahadlok matigulang nga pobre, pinasagdan (whether you have children or not), masakiton, walay bili...waaaa THAt i don't like to imagine.

happy new year to us all...may this and the coming years be our best years yet. may our old-age years be the bestest!
    when I'm in my 70's? I'd probably be dead by then..so I would imagine myself being eaten by worms..

Sure thing is, dili na ko kaabot anang ilang giingon nga senior citizen

i wish to live a contented life with a complete family.

Blog Entries
    I'd be like Annie Lennox singing,

...it feels like I'm 17 again....

I welcome old age BUT NOT the grey hair pls
    "People who love to eat are always the BEST people."
    Julia Child

Inom inom tea sa beach side. lols

i see myself still able to do inversions and handbalancing and still fit.=D

since im single and not looking forward for a relationship growing old for me is a curse. DMD maabot ko 70years old oi, budget ra nko 50 years old ko okay nah. heehe

Blog Entries
    I don’t want to think that i’d be sitting in my computer room surrounded by cats while playing games and cursing at strangers.. because that’s basically my life right now except being surrounded by cats (i only have one at the moment).
    But whenever i see those cute old couples strolling along in the park, or eating breakfast together across the street, i would think to myself, “that’s just adorable.” Growing old with someone I love is a dream that i so very want to come true.
    This song speaks for me..
    https://youtu.be/mKs3bybeTO8

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234