Page 105 of 106 FirstFirst ... 95102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1052

Hi guyz... some of you might want to check this out.

edx.org

more specifically -

https://www.edx.org/course/how-write...ne-ubcx-cw1-1x

Quote Originally Posted by tee_dee View Post
    I'm a content writer. been doing freelance writing for more than 2 years now. I'm actually looking for writing workshops here in Cebu. I'd like to enhance my skills and I'm willing to pay for learning. if this group knows one, kindly paste the link here. thanks! Hope naa
    Miga... what kind of stuff do you write? And do you have any tips on getting over a slump? Just started writing for a living and I find myself procrastinating... writing was sort of like a hobby to me but now it feels like a chore... ughhhhh

procrastinating is normal.

when you shift from writing as a hobby to writing for a living, it does become a chore. the "muse" tends to leave you to your own devices and slump comes in. in short, you're in trouble. but that eventually passes..

I wonder when my muse is coming back... I have a deadline this Wednesday. I'm sooooo screwed.

well then you definitely are screwed. hahahaha.. kidding.

first rule: don't panic. i probably would hahaha but then of course that won't help. take stock of the things you need to deal with. like i always say, everything is a process. two usually comes after one.

hahahahuhuhuhuhuhu

Ah, I kinda get the feeling I won't be able to make it at this point. I'm juggling 2 different jobs mn gd. And there's a possibility for a third. ( I'm greedy. ) Nothing I write seems to feel right, the words just feel so dry... welp. Why do it today when you can do it tomorrow? Woohoo

hahaha well greedy can sometimes be good.

i used to juggle 4 until i came to realize that inadequate sleep/mental rest can do huge damage to the creative (charots) process and to the overall health as well. but i think you can be successful in your 3-way juggling as long as you manage your time well. anyway, if i may suggest (although you're probably doing it already), do prioritize your writing tasks. no matter how panicky you feel now and no matter how urgent all those assignments are, there is always a sequence. tell yourself to panic later (i used to always do that haha) and focus on your sequence. it's all in the mind really. very cliche, but very true.

Hi @Szeth!

I'm a copywriter, specifically I do a lot of materials, but I specialize in Sales Pages, Content, and Social Media posts.

Re your questions...

First, accept that creativity doesn't always flow whenever and wherever we want it to. I get so lazy sometimes, too! Haha! Even if we know that writing is our passion, we sometimes fall into that "blank space".

What I do is I take a break, and just do some random things (eat, play my favorite mobile game, etc.). I don't force it.

But, set a timeline for it. We have to always be professional because we made a commitment to our clients that we'll deliver on the agreed schedule. Like any other profession or business, we have to deliver.

For me, to be able to sustain a career, we need to have the right "programming" in the first place. If writing is something that you really want to do every single day without feeling like it's work and if you know it's what you're really designed for, you'll do everything to be THE writer, and it includes sticking to your commitments.

It happens! But we need to overcome it and it requires huge discipline. And, it's a skill that you can definitely develop over time (as you gain more experience, etc).

This is what works for me. You can find something that'll be effective for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Szeth View Post
    Hi guyz... some of you might want to check this out.

edx.org

more specifically -

https://www.edx.org/course/how-write...ne-ubcx-cw1-1x

Miga... what kind of stuff do you write? And do you have any tips on getting over a slump? Just started writing for a living and I find myself procrastinating... writing was sort of like a hobby to me but now it feels like a chore... ughhhhh

nagtuon ba jud ka ug copywriting, @tee_dee?
    natay-an na jd ko ai. labi na gamit nako cya ron. mka.compose gihapon ko ug pitches, pero mu take na ug time due to inactivity. naay instance nga di pd mao.

Hi guys. I am an aspiring writer wanting to barge in to the local literary scene. Can you check out a short story I wrote and comment if I have what it takes to write? Just wanted to know it from other people's perspective.

Any Other Tuesday: Up in the Air (short story)

Blog Entries
    got my editorial pieces published at sunstar & freeman way back college...got my stories at wattpad...and actually processing another story this time

11.    Advertisement