Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

depende... naay company will not bother about the portfolio... but some do... either way wala man sad mawala if naa ka...

sometimes it needs portfolio to show how you work, like your coding style kung limpyo ba, your design skill like properly applying Object Oriented concepts.

but of course the looks and output is not a basis, specially naa nay mga tools and 3rdparty stuff na makapatabang visually sa isa ka app like 3rd party engine if game or jquery lib for websites, so ako dli ang visual style ako tan.awn kundi ang coding style and skill sa pag analyze by diving thru the code from their portfolios

funny story that my first stint as web developer was not because im good at it, but i arranged my code with comment in beautifully fashioned that even a elementary student can debug it, and i was accepted because of it, it was only then i seriously self-study PHP/CSS/HTML/MySQL in 3 days and applying it directly.

i came from VB-space moving to web na habit nako nga pahimutang jud ang code... dili spagheti... mejo OC ko anang spagheti code....

if you projects that are unique and not using ang 3rd party tools/framework showcase it.. it helps kay makita ang kaantigo nimo diha... but if your project is based from a 3rd party... depende if mao ang imo giapplyan if dili gani... ayaw nalang... and also contributing to open source projects also helped. i remember applying as an intern sa google before that ask if i have contributed to any project that is related sa ilahang services... that was 4 years ago... not accepted maybe someone is better that i am, never heard from them 4 years ago...

4.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456