View RSS Feed

Ink | Pen | Paper

The Venus-Jupiter Conjunction, plus the Crescent Moon.

Rate this Entry
Was able to take photos of the conjunction or perhaps I can term it as a "mini-massing" of three Celestial bodies...Venus, Jupiter and the moon.

Here it is at around 5:34pm

at around 5:50pm

at around 6:30pm

Also recorded a short video, but was too conscious of talking alone myself (hehehe) to do commentaries so I'll just record and dub a commentary later.

Now, I know the following rant is going to be some sort of "grandstanding", but I really would like to seize this moment to let you guys ponder for a minute about all this.

I said a few days ago, that an astronomical event will happen on a certain date. I also said it will be seen by many people, and many people did see it. I am a man of science, and I used science and the scientific method to predict this event, using commonly and easily available materials and tools, that ANYONE who has the zest for knowledge and understanding can learn to use. Some of these tools are free and easily downloadable from the internet, and in fact, I posted these links in the "Downloadable Free Software" section of iStorya last year pa when I was still new here.

Now...in stark contrast, daghan diri mag post ug HALA! Mo-abot ang Mars duol sa earth, ug modako sya like sa Kadak-on sa MOON! This will happen on June 25! Repent and pag-ampo na mo tanan! Hapit na mo kuhaon ni Lord! or THERE WILL BE AN EARTHQUAKE ON BLAH-BLAH-BLAH and similar stuff...so? What happened? Did they come true? What tools and methods did these topic posters use to state their claims? Actually, what bothers me more about posts like this is...there are some who actually believe in these posts!!!. That really scares me.

The only true fear, my friends, is fear of the unknown. Like what Carl Sagan said, in a world full of demons, horoscopes, doomsday mongers, and twisted beliefs, science is pitifully a candle in the dark...let this tiny flame light the darkness with our candles of knowledge and understanding, and rid the world of unknowns, and fear.

...I proudly carry that candle. I hope some of you will too.

-RODION
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your pics are good. But your words are better....
    Thank you
    !
    Saw this when it happened... thank you for the heads up. Was very interesting to see the formation and my daughter actually coughed up the question why it formed that way... I just told her something I read in one of your posts... "it happens every couple of years"...
    You're most welcome Beor!
    After your essay is drafted, spend some time revising it to ensure your writing is as strong as possible.
    Place an order with an essay writer today, and you will see why we have such a high customer satisfaction rate.
    Each paper you receive from our write a speech for me writing company is an entirely original custom piece of writing created only for you based on a unique set of instructions.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top