View RSS Feed

Ink | Pen | Paper

A Centipede in my room, a new "fake" pistol, two planets and other unrelated stuff

Rate this Entry
I jumped off the ground in my room earlier when I discovered a centipede briskly crossing the floor. Hey I can take beetles, slugs, roaches, and spiders in my room (provided they are willing subjects for photography), but damn, a centipede is too much. I saw it trying to climb into my cabinet so I sprayed it on the head with an insecticide at point blank. It made kisay-kisay for a few minutes and promptly disappeared underneath my cabinet, where I presume it died (I hope). I then went a bit berzerk and loaded my new gas blowback airsoft pistol (pictured below) with plastic BB pellets...

...so that in case it was still alive and decided to take a peek, I'd pepper it with a shower of precise BB shots! *evil grin*

I was in Cagnaan in SM today, and bought this fabulous book...

...for a measly PHP 180.00. Well it's old (1st printing, 1999), but if there's anything I dig about being the only person within a kilometer (probably) of being an astronomy nut, that is books of my interest (i.e. astronomy) don't get to be sold much, and thus they end up in the bargain shelf much faster than other books

Speaking of astronomy, Venus and Jupiter were both really bright this evening...I hope weather is favorable tomorrow night so I can take a shot of "the smiley in the sky".

Other stuff I bought yesterday...

My second SE replacement headphones...

and Special Edition DVDs of Stanley Kubrik's 2001: A Space Odyssey, one of my favorite films. Also grabbed the 3rd John Wayne film for my collection (1st is The Longest Day, 2nd is Green Beret), The Sands of Iwo Jima.

And finally, a super-lightweight Sony mini-tripod for my S3IS...

Unlike the rest of you folks, our company already had our holiday last Friday, so tomorrow (Monday) I'll be back in the metaverse working/playing.

-RODION

Updated 11-30-2008 at 08:32 PM by rodsky

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top