View RSS Feed

Emancipations of M_H

Freudian Slips

Rate this Entry
A lot of people are totally disgusted by my intense obsession with Sigmund Freud and psychoanalysis. When I start to justify their behavior in the psychoanalyst perspective, I’ve often get that unwanted eyebrow-raised, teeth grinding expression from my 'friends'. I wonder why they are such ingrates; I’m doing it free of charge! They should be grateful, if I have made a living out of it, hmmm, perhaps I already have enough funds to buy that much coveted lotto outlet that I have so wanted for myself. . But anyway, I just knew them too well; their stabbing gestures don’t affect me that much. But aside from dream interpretation and defense mechanisms, I am very particular on slips of the tongue. In a most recent gathering with my relatives, I discovered that my cousin remained an infidel towards his gf when he kept mentioning his ex’s name while referring to his recent gf. Of course, his gf who stayed graceful the whole time could not help herself from blushing shamefully red. I became so interested with that incident that I used my underground methods to unravel the skeletons in his closet. Of course, my cousin didn’t know that his ex and I stayed friends after their well-rehearsed break-up scene, once-upon-a-time in Danao. The ex-gf who is shamelessly vocal about their
sexcapades told me their ala-korea-novela-my-husband's-woman, from-ceiling-down-to-the-floor story and it fortified my belief on my Freudian-slip fixations. Oh cousin, you are such a swine! I was really nauseated having to hear all those, I was patiently waiting for Zeus to strike me with his lightning " Spare me oh Gods of Olympus"

But I don’t generalize slip of the tongues as good predictor of a person’s personality, but I could very well tap into their subconscious and the secrets they are presently hiding, with being vigilant on a person’s slip-of-the-tongue. And yes, it does make sense and pretty rib-tickling too when you realize that that person is perpetrating a jackass move in the making.

Updated 11-07-2008 at 02:06 PM by mata_hari

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hiyee, Mata_Hari!
    I also believe that Freudian slips are manifestations of our subconscious. There were instances that certain slips of the tongue brought to my consciousness thoughts which I have long been concealing. The subconscious, which I seem to think is always healthy and ahead of me, must have sensed that I needed those 'slips' as a form of release.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top