View RSS Feed

gracie7

Ladies, what is it about YOU that captivates us so?

Rate this Entry
I've read a blog that's worth sharing because not just I'm a woman but I believe in empowering women.

As legions of gentlemen will attest, the human female is without question the most remarkable form of life World of Women on the planet. Since the dawn of time, women have impacted men to the deepest levels of our soul. And with good reason…females kick ass.

I have a theory that the whole reason God created Eve had absolutely nothing to do with companionship for Adam. Rather, the Almighty took one look at Version 1.0 scratching his nuts down by the banks of the Euphrates River and knew instantly he could make an improvement or two.

So he did.

And the Good Lord’s over-the-fence grand slam on day six of creation is history’s finest example of the sequel trumping the original.

Sometimes even exalted deities do better work the second time around.

As a man, there are so many things that blow my brain about women I don’t even know where to begin. Is it their beauty? Their brains? Their unfailing ability to whip us men into a testosterone-induced frenzy with the bat of an eye?

Ladies, what is it about YOU that captivates us so?

While the answer to this question is different for every man, if I had to pick but ONE thing I admire MOST about women, it would be what I call The Sacrificial Aspect. I define the sacrificial aspect as a woman’s remarkable ability to put the needs of other people ahead of her own…

It’s the woman who works eight hours a day and then comes home and puts in another eight keeping the home fires burning bright.
It’s the woman who offers her girlfriends a shoulder to cry on while silently screaming inside with her own private struggles.

It’s the woman who puts her children first at every turn, ALWAYS ensuring they have what they need. Even if it means she goes without.

Ladies, much more so than men, your life is a study in what it means to put other people first. Can you imagine what the world would be like if you were suddenly removed from the equation and men were left to Woman Lifefend for our offspring and ourselves? I think it’s safe to say the motor of the world would implode and screech to a grinding halt. Hell, we would probably starve to death in the first week alone. Not to bash my kind, but let’s face it, we men can’t do what you do. At least not with the same grace, dignity, and poise.

Plus, men can be pretty damn selfish too.

Speaking for myself, I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gotten my knickers in a twist because I had to cut my workday short in order to get my daughters fed and dropped off to dance or soccer practice on time. Or the number of times I’ve ruffled my feathers because I missed going to the gym because my youngest decided to barf up a lung just as I was walking out the door. Like most men, I go absolutely bananas when stuff like this goes down. I get impatient, start swearing like a sailor under my breath and muttering about how I should’ve worn a condom. But not you ladies. You seem to have this selfless ability to set your own needs and desires aside and do what needs to be done.

And nine times out of ten, you do it with a smile.

As someone who mentors women for a living, this is something that STILL never ceases to amaze me. How you ladies manage to keep it all together for everyone else yet still stay sane has got to be one of the great mysteries of the universe. That, and your ability to smoothly and effortlessly remove your bra from underneath your shirt with a single hand, of course.

So how is it that you’re able to be an exceptional caretaker, a good friend AND the shoulder everybody else cries on EVEN if your own life is falling apart or you’re hurting inside? Well, I’ve given this a lot of thought and what it really comes down to is that you ladies possess a unique blend of traits and characteristics that enable you to spread your love in a thousand different ways.

It’s your kindness.

Your compassion.

Your caring.

Your attentiveness.

Your patience.

These and other feminine qualities go into the nurturing and supportive aspect that women do and do so well. And because we live in a world dominated by masculine ideals, these are virtues that don’t typically get a lot of credit, recognition or appreciation.

Well, that ends now.

It’s time to give credit where credit is due.

Ladies, whether you realize it or not, it’s the little things you do that make the world a better place. It’s the way you multitask your way through the day like the maternal ninja that you are. It’s the way that you rise up to meet a challenge while everything else crumbles all around you. It’s the way that you and ONLY YOU can soothe a child’s soul in their time of need. These are the things that matter most. Because once you strip away all the noise, all the chaos, and all the distractions of modern life, the only thing that really matters…the only thing that stands the test of time…is the imprint we leave on the hearts of other people.

That is our legacy.

And you, as a woman, are a shining example of that legacy.

Please don’t ever forget how important you are.

Source: http://austinblood.com/blog/3-things...ou-but-i-will/

Comments

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top