• Shangri-La’s Mactan Resort & Spa Welcomes New Chef

Taking reign in the kitchen is newly appointed Executive Chef Frank Bohdan. No stranger to the Shangri-La brand, Chef Bohdan has run the kitchens of equally large properties Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok (801 rooms) and Shangri-La Hotel, Dalian (600 rooms) previously and completed the opening Shangri-La Nanjing, China.

Originally from Australia, Chef Frank has vast gastronomic experience gained at fine-dining restaurants, five-star hotels and resorts. His culinary career has taken him from his hometown Australia to the United Arab Emirates, China, Indonesia, USA, Malaysia and most recently, Thailand.

Throughout his culinary journey, he has served an A-list clientele, including Thai royalty, the Australian prime minister, Russian president, APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) ministers, and officials and athletes of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, to name a few.

Shang Palace, Shangri-la Hotel, Bangkok

Chef Frank has been involved in massive food and beverage projects, including the renovations of Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok’s various restaurants and kitchens. He was also involved in the Bangkok flooding of 2014, when he not only had to wear his toque as executive chef and manage the operational and business aspects (including, but not limited to, the hotel’s sanitation, cost control and finding ways to achieve incremental revenue), but also display the Shangri-La philosophy of a caring family by getting involved in the rescue of affected colleagues and consequently looking after their welfare. Chef Frank was also part of several focus groups that conceptualized food and beverage concepts amongst the brands in the Shangri-La group, and led the food and beverage workshop in 2013 wherein he showcased different food concepts to the other 81 F&B executives within the group.

“Throughout my career, I have run both restaurants of high caliber and large catering establishments of 200 chefs. I believe in the drive and passion that burns in each of these chefs. I have succeeded in nurturing careers of many from under my wing by holding on to my philosophy - keep your knives sharp, your kitchen clean and always look after your team,” said Chef Frank.

Shangri-la's Mactan Ballroom

Knowing that the resort is every Cebuano’s go-to dining destination, both Giuliano and Chef Frank are excited to elevate every guest’s dining experience, whether in-room, at a restaurant, at a banquet or catered event.

Part 1 - Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa Welcomes New Food and Beverage Director

Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently owns and/or manages 90 hotels under the Shangri-La brand with a room inventory of over 37,000. Shangri-La hotels are five-star deluxe properties featuring extensive luxury facilities and services. Shangri-La hotels are located in Australia, Canada, mainland China, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Sultanate of Oman, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar and Sri Lanka. For more information and reservations, please contact a travel professional or access the website at www.shangri-la.com.
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top