• How to Get a Japan Tourist Visa

Planning for a winter or spring trip to Japan? Here’s how to prepare to get a Japan tourist visa.

photo from Japan Magazine

Some years ago, it is difficult to get a Japan tourist visa. But good thing, Japan has made it easier to apply for tourist visa. So, if you want to visit Japan, now is the time. It doesn’t mean though that everyone will be granted a visa. I know someone who was granted a single-entry visa the first time but has been denied on the next application.

I’ve been to Japan a few couple of years ago, the first time I went I was given a single entry visa. Last month, I applied for another visa for our November family trip and I’ve been granted a multiple-entry visa for 5 years.

The entire process is the same, though; I got the same requirements except for birth certificate and marriage certificate (for married female applicants) from PSA. These are not required anymore if you have already been granted a Japan visa before.

Applying for Japan tourist visa can be done through accredited agencies. Here in Cebu, there’s one accredited agency I can recommend – Friendship Tours. The agency is located in Oakridge Business Park.

We applied as a family, so my husband and I shared the same documents (like bank certificates). It is best to have all your documents ready before heading to your chosen agency.

Here’s what you need:

1. Passport (it must be valid for 6 months)

2. Application form - Filled up. You can download it here (http://www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/files/000163096.pdf).

3. Birth certificate from PSA (it must be recently issued, within one year)

4. Photo with white background (4.5cm x 4.5cm). Some photo studios take better photos than the other studios. We had ours taken at Small Wonders photo studio in Gorordo

5. Marriage Certificate for married women (it must be recently issued, within one year). But if you have granted a Japan tourist visa, this is not required anymore. I still provided mine, though, my daughter is also applying for a visa.

Additional requirements:
      1. Itinerary - for your whole stay in Japan, here’s a sample:

2. Bank certificate – they require a certificate of balance. Meaning, it has to show how much money you have in your account. There’s no rule on how much you need to have. Some bank certificate of balance will show ADB (average daily balance), make sure you don’t raise a red flag by depositing a huge amount at once.

3. ITR – this will be issued by your company. If you have a business, then submit the ITR of your business.

4. Certificate of Employment – this is for those who are employed.

5. Round-trip tickets. For us, we provided a copy of our round-trip ticket. We got our ticket early since it was on promo. But this one is not necessary.

6. Hotel Reservation - this will also be good to attach if you already have. There are a lot of booking sites that don’t require you to pay before arriving at the hotel.

7. School Certificate of Enrolment – I had to provide this for my daughter since she is a student. We provided all documents to support our claim that we will only be there for a few days as tourists.

8. Guarantee Letter – my husband signed this document provided by the agency. It is a proof that he as head of the family will be supporting/paying for our stay in Japan.

Once you have everything, you may go to the accredited agency. They will review your requirements, and ask you to fill-up a form, and pay a fee. Visa is free but the agency will charge for processing. Processing for a Japan tourist visa is normally between 5-7 days. We got ours in 5 days.

But take note, processing can take as long as one month. I know someone who waited for a month before his passport came back. It is best to process ahead of time, 2 months before your trip is best.
      Being granted a Japan visa before will not guarantee you automatically to new one or a multiple-entry visa. So it is best to prepare all necessary requirements.

What we have are the basic requirements, there might be more documents that will be required by Japan embassy or your agency.
      If you have questions, let us know. We will try our best to answer it.

Mag Istorya ta!

(Eloisa’s Mom)
      You may like...

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top