• Mindanao Memoir - Camiguin

It's been more than six months now since the job I very much enjoy doing has brought me to the beautiful island of Mindanao.

I never thought I would stay here as long as I have, and I'm incredibly grateful because the southernmost major island group of this country has so much to offer. What I specifically like about being assigned in Cagayan De Oro is that it is a gateway to so many other mesmerizing places such as Bukidnon, Iligan, Camiguin, The Surigaos, Siargao and many more!

Looking back, it now comes as a delightful surprise how I've been able to visit all of those places in less than 5 months. It might not sound like a feat to many (maybe because it isn't), but a couple of months back, I didn't even know I would be working here.

Ever since I started training in this lovely place, I've also been able to sprawl in a web of adventures and post-summer frolicking--and that alone is an achievement to me!

So in the spirit of thanksgiving and merry-making, allow me to share to you the very things I am thankful to God for: my short-lived weekend vacations.

Photo from Sandier Pastures

Camiguin

One of my first stops was Camiguin. I remember having a bad day prior to my visit here, but getting here just made me temporarily forgot the woes I had.

White Island is such a tranquil place and its simplicity and bareness is exactly what makes it a perfect vacation spot.

The volcano you see from a distance even gives it a more scenic touch. Be warned, however, that this islet is extremely hot as there are no sources of shade other than the available umbrellas for rent.

Can you just help me bask in how clear the water is?

What's nice about Camiguin is that, even if it's such a tiny island, mother nature has so many works of art there, you won't really run out of places to visit. This photo was taken at the Tuasan Falls, just a few meters away from the plunge.

Another popular go-to place in Camiguin is Sto. Nino Cold Spring. If the heat in White Island is deathly, you will find the flow of water in here to be relaxing and heavenly.

Meet Kuya Jojo! The tour guide responsible for bringing me around the island. He is your all around run-to person when on the island.

During my second Camiguin trip, I finally went with friends! Mantigue Island was our first stop. Personally, I liked White Island better but the privacy and the serenity this island had to offer was just as soothing. Snorkeling by the island is also made available, thanks to the locals.
      Still in Camiguin, the Katibawasan Falls is one of the coldest falls I've ever dipped in. It's height is also very remarkable!

Next Stop - Surigao

Bjorn Tabanera
      Contributor

Bjorn is a Trainer and occasional events host and freelance writer.

*All photos are taken from my Instagram account: @bjornjovi
      Follow us on Instagram, too: @istoryadotnet
      You may like...
      Comments 1 Comment
        Darkbyte -
        Camiguin is truly awesome! I've been there last month, thumbs up to you @bjornjovi

Facebook Comments

about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top