• Published on 06-18-2012 11:45 PM
      Article Preview

I started as practitioner on the art of “Eskrima”, the indigenous Filipino Martial Art more or less 17 years as of my counting. As I advanced, I also learned the richness of its culture based on the different stories of its origin, where their authenticity needs to be verified.

My first ...
      Published on 04-27-2012 09:35 PM
      Article Preview

Kadaugan sa Mactan has been recounted a lot of times through a dramatic skit played by famous actors/actresses every April 27 (a special Holiday in Lapu-Lapu City) at the Mactan Shrine shores where it was believed to have transpired. But what really happened there, exactly? Let's look back at the actual ...
      Published on 04-14-2012 09:57 AM
      Article Preview

Sunday of April 14, 1521: Portuguese Explorer Ferdinand Magellan went ashore on the island of Zzubu (Cebu) and erected a cross, baptised 800 natives including their Chieftain Rajah Hamabar (Humabon) and his wife, Amihan.

Rajah Humabun was named Charles after the King of Spain while ...
      Published on 04-11-2012 08:54 PM
      Article Preview

When you get hold of a thousand peso bill, have you ever asked yourself who are these people in that blue gem in our hands? Many of you may not know them and most importantly, why they are there.

A colleague of mine asked me, "Sir, who is Jose Abad Santos on the 1,000 bill?" ...
      Published on 04-10-2012 08:54 PM
      Article Preview

Today in Cebu History: April 10, 1942

After the fall of Bataan peninsula, the Japanese Forces advanced to occupy the major island of the country. The 35th Infantry Division of Japanese Imperial Army under the command of Major General Kyotake Kawaguchi landed at Barrio Bato, Pinamungahan, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    about us
    We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
    follow us
    #top