View RSS Feed

Memoirs of an Amnesiac

1. The Four Walls

It is inarguable that God wonderfully and fearfully made us, as what most religious persons would propitiously affirm. To an existentialist, we have probably sprang up from nowhere and our existence would have been probably brought about by no less concepts more complex to explain (than believe) as the BIG BANG Theory.

This dauntless belief (or disbelief, whichever favorably applies), about being created (or recreated, as the Hindus would aver), often excites a believer (or a non-believer) ...

Updated 02-02-2014 at 07:45 PM by shey0811

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Taking the Good with the Bad

The TV broadcaster quipped this afternoon that if you ever see people with wide smiles on the streets, they probably are those firecracker peddlers and sellers who are satisfied about this year's firecracker and fireworks sales. Despite the constant reminders by the dancing health undersecretary (depicting Katy Perry's "Roar" single) and the media's walk through in emergency and trauma centers about the paraphernalia and apparatuses that will be used in operating limbs that (hopefully ...

Updated 01-01-2014 at 09:53 PM by shey0811

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Wardrobe Change

I couldn't forget the first time I asked my students to write a composition about one's new year's resolution. What is it with media in all its grandeur that is could not make this even viral in a society that's highly influenced by like, comment, and share mentality? I was somehow aghast when one student asked, "What is that teacher?" I must admit this somehow made me feel "Jurassic" and that I grew up with a non-existent world.

So I begin the process of discussing ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Clearing Up the Year-End Clutter

Despite the many breaks and somehow "uncalled-for" little vacations due to the calamities that struck our region, I still found my work piling up. The time that could have been spent in school for paper work is spent in the house and it meddles with the housework. I'm the kind of person who is very hands-on with chores. And if there is one thing that I take to heart about all those well-meaning feng sui advices that is to clean up what one has accumulated in the previous year.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Losing Sight of the Shore

The year 2013 has been my most traveled year. Since I got my camera last year, I find myself venturing to places I fancied could provide me great opportunities to shoot. I have also been blessed with travel buddies who, like me, have more vagabond spirits than money. One of my favorites are seascapes. I love looking at clouds and horizons. They somehow project tranquility and balance.

The irony of it all is that I don't even know how to swim yet most of my travels included riding on ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. Waxing Sentimentalism

There is a sudden pang of pain within. One that a while ago I had craved. One that I had nostalgic feelings about. One that I would exchange precious sleeping luxuries with. One that brings me to write this nonsense post. And one that I had uselessly brought you to read.

I miss crying. I miss heart-wrenching scenes where lovers had to bid goodbye to a love that should never be. Head to head, they deliver their spiels of love, adoration, and devotion, reflective of lines that I find ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Rising from the Rubble

On the first week of December, our school started accepting students who came from Tacloban. Two of whom were Fourth Year students and were placed under my class. Even when most of us (their subjects teachers) were clueless about the sudden change, we accepted them nevertheless, having full faith that they would be able to adapt easily to our school system. When I first learned about it, I talked to my advisory class about the "new students." I had warned them about being very tactful ...

Updated 12-28-2013 at 10:31 PM by shey0811

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456714 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top