View RSS Feed

Memoirs of an Amnesiac

1. Please Release Me

I probably hold the record for the person with the longest time in the CR in our family. When my father was alive, he would pound on the door and insist that I stop reading.

Yes, I read in the CR. And I read a lot. Sometimes when my thinking is in tune with the speed of diarrhea, I would grab any reading material that I get hold of: shampoo or soap box labels. I seemed to have memorized those commercially framed texts at the back of our favorite shampoo and soap products. For the life ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Starfish Are Meant to Fly

I was at the back part of our house, seriously doing my laundry when a little boy from outside our gate was singing, "Starfish are meant to fly..." My automatic lyrics-recognition-sans-grammar-Nazi self went on haywire mode when I heard this. My brain was like, "Isn't that supposed to be: 'Starships are meant to fly?'"

Oh well, it was kinda cute. But I'm not about to talk about grammar here. This incident was actually the same thing that popped to my brain when I ...

Updated 07-15-2012 at 11:57 PM by shey0811

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Thank You for the Laughter

Like having an inkling of the appearance of rain, I seemed to have known his life would not stay longer, contrary to the reports that came out in the press.

His life on screen, spanning 40 years or so, has been really colorful. With innumerable wives and children from his different relationships, he has proven his romantic proclivity, on and off cam. For which lady who, after hearing his jokes, would not fall in love with such an endearing man? They say he epitomized the proverbial ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Say What?

Teaching can be viewed as the most taxing yet fulfilling vocation there is. Yet there are snippets of a teacher's life that makes him really appreciate the profession.

Usually, the rather uncalled-for-break from the usual routinary tasks of discussing, giving tests and staging role plays and endless extra-curricular activities, one's way to relax and keep one from totally getting stressed are those what students produce: their answers from tests and seatworks. I would like to share ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. What's In It For Me?

Way back when I still attended school in high school, (Oh, how long that has been!) I liked it when teachers tell me why we need to study so and so. What practical applications will those learnings yield us and such. I had direction when studying, unlike now, among the students who just go through the motions, believing that they "need to because that is what is required of them to finish high school."

This answer was what unnerved me recently when I asked the students why ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  6. The Indelible Red Ink

Lately I have been running out of red pens. My co-teacher noticed it, too. Just yesterday I was rummaging through my drawers in the faculty room just to find one. I was again caught in the middle of loads to check and my last one suddenly went on "diarrhea mode." I had many pending compositions and book reports to check and I was there, suddenly stopping. Time was ticking and I was helpless, without a trusty red pen around. Right then and there, as I resigned in helplessness, I reflected ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  7. Nostalgia

Someone once told me, "Enjoy your life while you still can. Don't hurry up to become 18. You will only get to be 14 once." It felt like it was just said yesterday when it had been like eons ago.

Fast forward to the present. I have gone through a lot of things in a span of time. There were times when my life took on a swift downward spiral and time was forever frozen in oblivion when I faced my losses: the ending of a relationship with the only guy I loved dearly and the death ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top