View RSS Feed

Warrior Pilgrimage

ISTORYA BLOG #12: The Anatomy of Demolishing an Old House

Rate this Entry
Featured in www.pinoyapache.blogspot.com on February 1, 2008.

LAST DECEMBER 2004, WE decided to transfer residence to a new, yet, unfinished house on the same place and on the same address. What used to be an airy space infront of the old house is now occupied by this two-storey steel-and-concrete structure which we now proudly call home.

Said house was started construction last May 2003 and occupies a 40-odd square meters of space, which was then serving as our frontyard and was planted then with acacia, eucalyptus and caimito trees that all gave a cool shade and whose topmost branch and twigs towered that of the old two-storey house.

The old house, which was constructed in 1974, served as a house for rent for many years and a source of income to our family until that great conflagration in our neighborhood at Barangay Tinago on January 1988 did our family utilized it as a temporary home. My family left the place after a new house was constructed in Lahug and I moved in here with my wife on December of that year. Both of my boys were born and reared there.

As we abandon the old place, I decided to demolish it by myself to give us free space which we surrendered many months ago due to the construction...READ MORE (Press CTRL + mouse click)
Categories
Reflection

Comments

For a text-link ad I received a check from First Replacement Windows of Greensboro, North Carolina, USA.

Trackbacks

Total Trackbacks 0
Trackback URL:
about us
We are the first Cebu Online Media.

iSTORYA.NET is Cebu's Biggest, Southern Philippines' Most Active, and the Philippines' Strongest Online Community!
follow us
#top