Page 1 of 1197 123411 ... LastLast

Default All About RELIGION Here

... here we will discuss everything about Religion.

.. there must be NO discrimination of any religion nor any verbal altercations is allowed

.. discussing to whose the "best religion" is NOT allowed , let's make this a healthy exchange of opinions.

.. SO PLEASE KEEP IT FRIENDLY~

.. we hope you will follow this simple request.

.stickied with Glassmoon's approval.

Default .. all about Religion here..

Popular etymology of the word religion among the later ancients (and many modern writers) connects it with religare "to bind fast" (see rely), via notion of "place an obligation on," or "bond between humans and gods." Another possible origin is religiens "careful," opposite of negligens. Meaning "particular system of faith" is recorded from c.1300.

To me the word religion was made to picture the need of man to return to God.

Religion is important because it means "to tie again with God".

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. James 1 : 27

.. discussing to whose the "best religion" is NOT allowed , let's make this a healthy exchange of opinions.
    Will i violate if i say "True Religion"? coz you don't want to mention best religion.
    True is different from Best. If you will say True then the rest is fake or not true likewise best is that he excel than others but they are not wrong.

Please advise, i want this topic to prosper to understanding.

As Apostle Paul give example about his death:

For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
    I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
    Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. 2 Timothy 6:6-8.

For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1 : 21.

It's a good death if you know you cleave with God and do and obey his commandments.
    No one knows when will be his time of death,
    Blessed is the man when the Lord comes he do what the Lord says.

Peace to us!

now, I'm pretty sure that the that "best and true" can never be the ADD.

it is very essential to do God's will and doing his commandments. but take note that doing good (doing his commands) is not a key to salvation. eph. 2:8-9 clearly explains salvation.

Verses can be incorrectly used.

Jas 1:27 "Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

The word "religion" there is the word "threskeia"[not religare]. It means the external patterns of behavior in worship. It does not in any way refer to a set of doctrines that a specific group hold or believe nor does it even have the idea of binding fast two things.

That is why if you continue on reading the verse, it says [notice the underlined words]:

Jas 1:27" Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this:----> to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

true. religion is an avenue to be united with God. but being in a religion wont give one's soul salvation. it's more on a relationship that's important to the God that created this universe. :mrgreen:

edited

Is there a singular true religion?
    If there is, then it is surely mixed together and intertwined with the thousands of false for us to spot
    Can we locate it in a lifetime?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 1197 123411 ... LastLast