Page 1 of 45 123411 ... LastLast

Default Why Is God Always Innocent?

where was God in:

- the Haiti Earthquake (100,000 killed)
    - the Tsunami (500,000 killed)
    - the Holocaust (6,000,000 killed)
    - Rwanda (nearly 1,000,000 killed)

why is it that when good things happen, we credit "GOD" for it. but when bad things happen, for some reason, we always seem to blame GOD's creation (human beings) rather than GOD himself. didn't GOD create everything according to his plan? what exactly is the "divine" reason that GOD allow things to happen like this? it's terrible, horrific, and in contradiction to the attributes of this so-called GOD... the loving, caring GOD.

so, when bad things happen, GOD is innocent. remember what Pat Robertson said about the earthquake in Haiti?

when Haiti was a French colony, freedom fighters "swore a pact to the devil," saying, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French. And so the devil said, ‘Okay, it's a deal.’” Ever since, Robertson continued, "they [Haitians] have been cursed by one thing after the other."

where is GOD in this sentence? please don't give me the FREEWILL crap (excuse my language). if man has freewill, why is it that GOD doesn't seem to have the FREE 'EFFIN WILL to stop these horrific deaths?

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes the devil slips through and create horrible things towards GOD's creation, he is very desceptive.Simply it's the devils doings not of GOD, there's no sense why GOD would destroy what he created.
    Last edited by Tirong-say; 01-25-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Banned User
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    where was God in:

- the Haiti Earthquake (100,000 killed)
    - the Tsunami (500,000 killed)
    - the Holocaust (6,000,000 killed)
    - Rwanda (nearly 1,000,000 killed)

why is it that when good things happen, we credit "GOD" for it. but when bad things happen, for some reason, we always seem to blame GOD's creation (human beings) rather than GOD himself. didn't GOD create everything according to his plan? what exactly is the "divine" reason that GOD allow things to happen like this? it's terrible, horrific, and in contradiction to the attributes of this so-called GOD... the loving, caring GOD.

so, when bad things happen, GOD is innocent. remember what Pat Robertson said about the earthquake in Haiti?

when Haiti was a French colony, freedom fighters "swore a pact to the devil," saying, "We will serve you if you will get us free from the French. And so the devil said, ‘Okay, it's a deal.’” Ever since, Robertson continued, "they [Haitians] have been cursed by one thing after the other."

where is GOD in this sentence? please don't give me the FREEWILL crap (excuse my language). if man has freewill, why is it that GOD doesn't seem to have the FREE 'EFFIN WILL to stop these horrific deaths?
    Because God is not here.
    He is somewhere in the other side of the universe, creating new galaxies.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Doctor View Post
    Because God is not here.
    He is somewhere in the other side of the universe, creating new galaxies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirong-say View Post
    Sometimes the devil slips through and create horrible things towards GOD's creation, he is very desceptive.Simply it's the devils doings not of GOD, there's no sense why GOD would destroy what he created.
    how exactly do you guys know this? @tirong: how do you know that it's the works of the devil and not God's? just because it is horrible doesn't mean GOD did not do it, correct? remember the Great Flood? @Soul: i am talking about the Judeo-Christian God.

C.I.A.
    Blog Entries
    how exactly do you guys know this? @tirong: how do you know that it's the works of the devil and not God's? just because it is horrible doesn't mean GOD did not do it, correct? remember the Great Flood? @Soul: i am talking about the Judeo-Christian God.
    For I could not see any devine reason why?, because if GOD would make a judgement there should be a modern day Noah to warn the Haitians about the upcoming punishment if there is any. Simply it is just the making of the devil I suppose.

For I could not see any devine reason why?, because if GOD would make a judgement there should be a modern day Noah to warn the Haitians about the upcoming punishment if there is any. Simply it is just the making of the devil I suppose.
    so you're trying to say GOD allowed it to happen?

then this will make God's omnipresence unreal

.. hhhmmm... are you familiar with the phrase GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS ... this the the scapegoat line for most believers.

.. but granting that there is a God, he is one crazy mofo, discriminating bastard.

God is beyond the concept of good and evil.. so sin cannot apply to him..

simply because its him who makes the rules and calls the shots..

human : lord, why did you inflict suffering
    Lord : because i wanted to.
    human : but isnt that sin like what you said in your commandments?
    Lord : do you question my authority?
    human : oh no lord.. i would never do such a thing...
    lord : good..

lets face it.. hes the almighty guy.. he can do whatever he wishes...

Blog Entries
    Chad, allow me to give you some links that will answer your questions.

Why Does God Allow Suffering?

These sufferings that we have encountered were signs of living on "the last days".

“Nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:7)
    “There will be food shortages.” (Matthew 24:7)
    “There will be great earthquakes.” (Luke 21:11)
    “There will be . . . pestilences.” (Luke 21:11)

Are We Living in “the Last Days”?

11.    Advertisement

Page 1 of 45 123411 ... LastLast