Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Believer

freewill in the sense that you will save humankind... i believe in that...

but freewill when wickedly abused is unstoppable since you're fixed and firm on your wicked belief that will destroy humankind...

there's nothing wrong with this so called free believing... as long as you have good philosophy..

Quote Originally Posted by AmorsoloX View Post
    somehow i quite disagree.. there are some people who gave up their freedom of choice by being fanatics to their religion or belief.. you start to loose that freedom when you start taking in biases..
    maybe he meant freedom of belief. we are free to choose which side to believe because of free will---whether we choose to believe the truth, or choose to believe what pastors or the bible tells us as truth.

somehow i quite disagree.. there are some people who gave up their freedom of choice by being fanatics to their religion or belief.. you start to loose that freedom when you start taking in biases..
    isn't it a freewill? when a person choose to be fanatic?

anyway, he can get out anytime...he do have freewill...

can that be a free believer too?

Quote Originally Posted by chad_tukes View Post
    maybe he meant freedom of belief. we are free to choose which side to believe because of free will---whether we choose to believe the truth, or choose to believe what pastors or the bible tells us as truth.
    tumpak! Chad you know a lot of being a believer...are you a believer before?

Quote Originally Posted by seven_segment View Post
    isn't it a freewill? when a person choose to be fanatic?

anyway, he can get out anytime...he do have freewill...

can that be a free believer too?
    free will only happens when you have all the facts present where there are no biased information given to you..

simply put, fanaticism happens due to brainwashing...

free will only happens when you have all the facts present where there are no biased information given to you..

..let me just add something to your statement

... fanaticism happens due to brainwashing.... to the ignorant and content not to ask questions.

but the ignorant can't ask questions since they're brainwashed....

so we can say that their freewill has been removed... since they've been stuck on holy grounds ever since they're conscious...

Quote Originally Posted by seven_segment View Post
    tumpak! Chad you know a lot of being a believer...are you a believer before?
    of course. i was born and raised a Catholic. even the most prominent atheist once believed in God.

Quote Originally Posted by prukutung View Post
    but the ignorant can't ask questions since they're brainwashed....

so we can say that their freewill has been removed... since they've been stuck on holy grounds ever since they're conscious...
    if you say they can't ask questions, you are banking on absolutes. of course they can ask questions, they just choose not to---for fear of going out of their comfort zones. if you question a person's strong faith, their response to you would be something like: "don't you dare question my God. i have a strong personal relationship with him." and then you'd look like an idiot for questioning that person.

subjective...very subjective...

the question is: when can you say a person is brainwashed?

can you represent "facts"....when can you say its biased...again...remember it is freewill...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast