Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP 3000 hacked

Unsa procedure to hack the psp 3000? A little bit new with this. Firmware lang?

Blog Entries
    by lunch:from other thread...

i don't think it is a big secret bai. I'll try to post a tutorial for this coz there was one time nga dugay ni load ang HEN only to realize that the PSP came from taiwan and the character set was set to Chinese; you have to set the character set to US.

I just don't believe in charging anyone for this because there is no hardware involved (UMD disk, etc). If you did have hardware involved, UMD disk, etc., I think you have to recover your costs. I'm not saying you should not charge also because it's your time and effort but this is freely given in the internet so you could probably try it for yourself.

Quick tutorial to make PSP 3000s run custom firmware (am basing this on the site i posted on top so I don't take any credit for this)
    Requirement: your psp has to be version 5.03 and below. download 7zip; it is free and is needed to extract the "zipped" files you will download.

I) If your psp is not version 5.03,UPDATE YOUR PSP TO VERSION 5.03; If you accidentally upgraded to 5.51 or a firmware more than 5.03, sorry but you cannot update your psp to 5.03 anymore and this tutorial will not work.
    a)*** Download the file: Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!. This is the sony official firmware 5.03.
    b) put the "update" folder in your PSP/GAME folder. the update folder is the located in the file you downloaded in step a. you can access psp/game by connecting your psp to the computer and making a usb connection; the drive will pop up in your computer similar to inserting a usb disk in your computer.
    c) update the firmware by going to your psp xmb. go to game, and then memory stick and you will find the update there. press enter (x or 0) and follow instructions. when the psp is updating don't do anything to it. wait until it tells you to press (x or 0) to restart after it says update complete. fully charge your battery first.
    Do not worry, you will not brick your psp. JUST DON'T TOUCH IT WHILE IT IS UPDATING!
    ** delete the update folder after you are done or format the memory stick via the psp **

II) LOAD CHICKEN HEN (this allows you to load custom firmware that is installed in the ram of the psp: because it is only in the ram, your psp will not be harmed in any way)

a) I used chicken hen mode 2 as described in the pspiso site. this is the file: Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!
    b) connect your psp to your computer via usb connection. assuming that your computer labels your psp as G:/,
    b1) put the h.bin file in G:/ (or your psp root drive)
    b2) put the ChickHEN mod2 folder in G:/PICTURE
    ****** you can load chicHEN now but I find it a waste of time as we need to load cfw Custom enabler, so i'll load custom enabler first in section III)

III) LOAD CFWenabler. . .
    download file here Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

a) extract cfwenabler.7z. watch out here because if you do extract to cfwenabler, it will make two cfwenabler folders; one is located inside the other one. copy only the cfwenabler folder which is inside the other cfwenabler folder. the cfwenabler folder you will need contains eboot.pbp and Pops folder.
    b) put the cfwenabler folder in G:/PSP/GAME

IV) CREATE AN ISO FOLDER IN THE ROOT DRIVE OF YOUR PSP OR IN G:/

a) create an ISO folder in the root drive of the psp. if the root drive is G:/ then you can now put the iso/cso games in G:/ISO
    ***** this is a shortcut para dali ang trabaho. . .he he ******

V) TIME TO PUT IN CUSTOM FIRMWARE:

a) go to system, system settings, and restore factory defaults.

b) after reboot, go to system, system settings and do the following:
    1) character set, set it to US
    2) UMD Auto Start, turn it off
    3) UMD Cache, turn it off
    4) remove any UMD's

c) now to load chicken hen,cfw enabler
    1) go to photo, memory stick, you will see chicen hen there, press enter (x or 0) when the egg icon is seen.
    ****** important: if after you press enter the the psp will hang and turn off after around 10 seconds and won't reboot, you have to do step 1 again(sometimes you have to do it four times before it loads). if after you press enter, the screen seems corrupted and will flash colors and the psp automatically reboots, hen is now loaded and you can now go to step 2. to verify that you have chiken hen running go to system, system settings, system information and see if it says chicken hen ******
    2) load cfw enabler. go to game, memory stick, and 3.5 enabler. press enter (x or 0) and just say yes to installing cfw enabler, wait for it and the psp will reboot.
    3) go back to cfw enabler and go to configuration, set the umd mode to m33 driver (normal is the default).

d) YOU CAN NOW PLAY WITH YOUR ISO/CSOs in the memory stick as they will now show in your game memory stick folder.

******* VERY IMPORTANT: the custom firmware is not permanent. if you do a "hard off" (fully turn off the psp by doing a long press on the power button), you have to do all the instructions in STEP V again; so please don't format your memory stick as you might need the files copied onto them. so you won't lose the custom firmware, do a "soft" off only, (short upward stroke of the power button one second or less) ********

DO NOT BE AFRAID TO DO THE STEPS !!!! If there is any danger, it is only in the upgrading of the firmware to 5.03 but it is near impossible to brick the PSP with that since the firmware is from SONY. When doing the firmware upgrade, be sure not to touch the psp while it's doing the upgrade.

AGAIN, ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE PSPISO THREAD POSTED ABOVE !!!! I just posted the fastest way i could do it and posted the steps that worked for me when i encountered problems (especially the character set to US)
    Last edited by lemzuico; 08-07-2009 at 04:37 AM.

edited....
    Last edited by chagorio; 08-08-2009 at 07:01 AM. Reason: edited.....to avoid confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by chagorio View Post
    i would also like to add that the CFWenabler doesnt work on a 8gb mem stick and above. tried, tested and proved not working
    ni work akoa 8gig class A na memstick bai from FREESOUL

Quote Originally Posted by jOmorzz View Post
    ni work akoa 8gig class A na memstick bai from FREESOUL
    hmmm, tried 2 different 8gb mem sticks both were class A, pero mo failed sya after na nimo i-flash ang cfw. mo blank (black) screen ra sya after nimo i-press ang O button, then mo hangup and finally mo reset ang psp ug mobalik sya sa OFW (wagtang na ang chickHEN exploit).

mu work man bai.... if naa kay 4G kato nalang sah gamitah pag load sa imo chickhen ug cfwE.

^^ mao jud ako gihimo bro. ako na lang gigamitan ug lower capacity sticks para mo gana ang cwfenabler....btw, 8gb sandisk ug class A na Sony diay to na stick ako gigamit. bati cguro na klase ang ako nakuha

noh.... orig ug class A gyud. maau kay nah ok rah.. =) way swerte bro.

bai naa lang ko pangutana, medyo dili pa pud ko swito sa psp... pls bear with me...

nangutana ko sa akong kaila bout the diff bet psp 2000 and psp 3000

psp 2000 mas stable daw ug modified, meaning pede ma downloadan ug games from net

psp 3000 half modified, meaning there are times na modified xa, pero u have to maintain certain conditions like di xa ma lowbat, etc....

its this true? kay ga duwa ko kung asa sa sa ilaha akong paliton.... psp3k ba o psp2k?

will appreciate ur comments bai

Blog Entries

Default psp 2k and 3k

Quote Originally Posted by scoliotic View Post
    bai naa lang ko pangutana, medyo dili pa pud ko swito sa psp... pls bear with me...

nangutana ko sa akong kaila bout the diff bet psp 2000 and psp 3000

psp 2000 mas stable daw ug modified, meaning pede ma downloadan ug games from net

psp 3000 half modified, meaning there are times na modified xa, pero u have to maintain certain conditions like di xa ma lowbat, etc....

its this true? kay ga duwa ko kung asa sa sa ilaha akong paliton.... psp3k ba o psp2k?

will appreciate ur comments bai
    yah, most psp 2000 got stable firmwares compared to psp 3k na half mofidied, dapat dli ma-empty imo bat or dli tanggalon ang bat k nawala ang games, but dali raman sad mabalik....but both can play iso/cso games...just check the other threads bro for more details...

11.    Advertisement

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast