Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

samtang himsog atong panglawas... kanang atong na kuha sa trabaho maypa i gahin nato nas negosyo para ig tigulang nato secured ta

In any career, you have to established it will and use every opportunity to success. It doesn't mean programmer ka karun hangtud ma tiguwang nalang ka programmer ra ka ghapun, NO, you can be Dev Lead, Proj Manager, Design solution to Consultant etc, those are higher position you can gain. Later it's not the language you have to be expert, but the skills, experience and understanding in this kind of industry.

Goal setting is the key.

mga bro tinuod ni. a career in programming sucks. been there, done that. gamiton ra ka sa mga companies. that's why ni shift na ko ron ug career. pero part-time gihapon ko software development. extra income man.

Well, i don't have plans on being a programmer till the end, I'm aiming for a management position or a solutions architect.

Ok man ni basta maayo pa atong paghuna huna kung bata pa. dapat mag create lang jud ug laing source of income para anything happend ato career, naa tay back up. I'm a Computer Engineer by profession, nindot ni siya nga career kung love nimu pero dili pud ka hangtod2x manrabaho oi. hehehe! Enjoy your life.

Nindot unta kung maka duplicate kog tao nga ako pasahan ako skills then mo earn lag kog royalties puhon. hehehehe!

Default Re: Career warning in programming IT

At start we work as dev, we gain experiences, we gain knowledge. I don't think in the future those knowledge and experiences will be useless. The common mistake when we talk about computer programming is people relating it to a computer language. (Much as when you're an IT graduate, people assume you know how to fix a computer or worst a TV xD). IMO, what matters most in computer programming is your logic (making algorithms, making solutions) and your practices (agile, xtreme & etc). Computer languages? are not necessarily the solution but tools for accomplishing tasks.

& i believe as you grow in IT industry, you won't stick being a dev for life. ^_^

Someone mentioned that COBOL programmers are obsolete and forgotten. Language is obsolete, that is true. But naa ko mga nailhan nga dagko kaau og sweldo (to date) and yep, COBOL programmers cla. xD

As you get older, you're skills and interest for learning decreases.
    If you're not using your skills for a long period of time and you stop learning, then that statement is true. kung sa binisaya pa. "na-tay-an na".

If you know how to program in any Computer Programming language, then it's just a skill that you have. If you enjoy Computer Programming, think of it as your HOBBY, enjoy it and love it, because if you think it as a (lifetime) career, you will be like the author of that essay at Half Sigma. Just think of it as your stepping stone to what you want in your life.

Agree ko sa uban istoryans nga ni comment.
    Ayaw jud palabot nga kung programmer ka karon, programmer lng gihapon ka inig ka tigulang nimo...

Quote Originally Posted by mmarabillas View Post
    ... But I also enjoy learn marketing,business and management related stuff thru books. I also did find time to study and understand psychology even if it has nothing to do with my physics degree.
    I enjoy learning and understanding the things around me...
    Agree pud ko ana. Enjoy lng jud kung unsa imong gusto buhaton. Get out on your comfort zone.

Para nako, computer programming is one of my hobbies not a career.

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    At start we work as dev, we gain experiences, we gain knowledge. I don't think in the future those knowledge and experiences will be useless. The common mistake when we talk about computer programming is people relating it to a computer language. (Much as when you're an IT graduate, people assume you know how to fix a computer or worst a TV xD). IMO, what matters most in computer programming is your logic (making algorithms, making solutions) and your practices (agile, xtreme & etc). Computer languages? are not necessarily the solution but tools for accomplishing tasks.

& i believe as you grow in IT industry, you won't stick being a dev for life. ^_^

Someone mentioned that COBOL programmers are obsolete and forgotten. Language is obsolete, that is true. But naa ko mga nailhan nga dagko kaau og sweldo (to date) and yep, COBOL programmers cla. xD
    Grabeh kaayo ko ka sang-ayon ani na post.

Labi na ani:
    The common mistake when we talk about computer programming is people relating it to a computer language
    Ug kani:
    Computer languages? are not necessarily the solution but tools for accomplishing tasks.
    The worst mindset of a programmer. Summarized in ~2 sentences. Bravo.

Mao rajd ni ato hinumduman mga brader and seester programmers. The technology we use today may become obsolete but we never will be. (pde bya ka mag janitor or waiter, sharo pd)

Quote Originally Posted by kamahak View Post

Mao rajd ni ato hinumduman mga brader and seester programmers. The technology we use today may become obsolete but we never will be. (pde bya ka mag janitor or waiter, sharo pd)
    sakto jud ka brad. paraha raman tanan. ma.daan ug ma.bag-o. pareha ra ug semantics. lahi lang ang syntax

I was a programmer then (1995) using C++ until now, still using C++ ... though I adopted to use other tools (C#/Perl) now. From earning a measly PHP 10K/month way back then, to earning around $6.5 K (PHP 200,000)/month now ... and I see no way of changing roles in the near future. I plan to retire still writing code, the key is ... although your tools may become obsolete, you should never allow yourselves to become obsolete as well.

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast