Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

i think ecumenism's goal is unity, not uniformity .. mura ug united nations ba, united pero kanya kanya gihapon sovereign

theme song is "Imagine" of John Lennon

dili tingali. murag "One" by Metallica tingali.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblazer 2.1 View Post
    dili tingali. murag "One" by Metallica tingali.
    hahahaha. puede pud..

Quote Originally Posted by pixelwise View Post
    i think ecumenism's goal is unity, not uniformity .. mura ug united nations ba, united pero kanya kanya gihapon sovereign
    in a religious perspective dli ka pwede muhimo ug unity without uniformity kai first and foremost daghan mga religion nga dli magkatugma..sa food lang daan dli pwede baka or beef for the muslims and buddhists..cguro ang goal is religious tolerance which is in my opinion what is religious fundamentalism is eating away bit by bit.
    and for religious tolerance to flourish i discourage ang religious exclusivity which is the breeding place for fundamentalism..problema lang masangit napd sa bibliya kai lahi2x man ang interpretation so lisod ghapon
    Last edited by Ramini; 03-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.

what about harmony? we can still live in harmony with our own different beliefs and still be able to co-exist with one another. sa unity man gud, we have to become something else collectively and so we may end up losing our individuality.

in my opinion i think unity entails uniformity..sa christian religion lang gani they can't attain harmony and unity kai wla mai uniformity..isa dri muingon nga allegorical ra ang ubang mga stories sa bible ang uban muingon nga dli..diha lang daan lisod na..and most of the times religious fundamentalism breeds from the friction that will result in violence kng masugdan na na..na! wla na!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramini View Post
    in my opinion i think unity entails uniformity..sa christian religion lang gani they can't attain harmony and unity kai wla mai uniformity..isa dri muingon nga allegorical ra ang ubang mga stories sa bible ang uban muingon nga dli..diha lang daan lisod na..and most of the times religious fundamentalism breeds from the friction that will result in violence kng masugdan na na..na! wla na!
    that's why harmony MAY be the best answer, Mr.L. imagine a church choir. they have different voices. but they have the ability to blend with each other. they don't have to sing as one single voice but different pitch and tones para nindot paminawon. pwede ra sad na sa mga tawo. they don't have to be united, just harmonized lang.

but the problem is, who will be the musical conductor?

@hellblazer

nice na imong analogy da..it illustrates your point jd..pero lagi ang question kinsai mu conduct..hehe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramini View Post
    @hellblazer

nice na imong analogy da..it illustrates your point jd..pero lagi ang question kinsai mu conduct..hehe!!
    certainly not this Sith Lord:

11.    Advertisement

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast