Page 3 of 860 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: dSLR Talks!

Default Re: Suitable DSLR for Starters!

I would suggest the Konicaminolta na 5d camera kay it has built in Image stabilization plus the prices of these camera has dropped already. Also You can equiped this with the new carl zeis na mga lens. It also garnered 5 out of 5 scores in t3 magazine outperforming the canon 350d. Also you can check out mga reviews in the internet and see for yourself the high scores this camera has garnered.
    http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/user_reviews3189.html

Quote Originally Posted by esc
    I would suggest the Konicaminolta na 5d camera kay it has built in Image stabilization
    plus the prices of these camera has dropped already... Also You can equiped this with
    the new carl zeis na mga lens...
    The Konica-Minolta technology was bought by Sony who combined that with their
    Sony know-how to produce the Sony Alpha A100 dSLR. The Alpha series cameras
    will accept Minolta lenses and accessories They have a pro model in the works coming
    out early next year. By the way... the Canon 35D/40D is rumored to be announced soon, too.

So step right up and choose a card... any card

For a newbie, you can't go wrong with either Nikon or Canon. Whether you pick the 30D or D200 I don't think it matters, it'll keep you busy for a long time. Besides the body, choose the lenses well. I suggest skipping those 11x zooms. Figure out what kind of photography you're interested in. Eventually you'll stay away from these as you get more serious in photography, so why not just do it right from the start. Good luck.

Ian: bai, mao lang ni hunahunaa... the best lens line-ups + accessories + 3rd party brands goes to Canon, next would be Nikon... So i would suggest get a Canon EOS 30D Kit karon. Dili ka mag mahay ana, ang imo lang siguro budget sunod kay lenses and accessories... Unlike if you'll buy Pentax, Sony, Konica-Minolta.. etc.. maybe in the future you'll be selling your body since naa'y limits ila'ng lenses and stuff.

A friend of mine, a Pentax user told me. "I'm really satisfied with my Pentax body and my Line-up of lenses.. but it would have been better if i started Canon... tsk tsk..."

Good luck again!

the top of the line canon cameras are the best but for low end to mid end dslr. i would suggest nikon. doesn't matter if it's the top of the line or the low end model. it delivers. d80 is the newest kid on the block, it should have all the latest technology nikon has to offer from the autofocus, the screen size, the resoultion, and i think even noise handling could be better.

@ian

Share lang ni nako ang experirence. Before I bought my Canon 400D, I bought a Sony Alpha hoping that my previous very good experience with PnS sony F717 will continue. But since I shoot mostly at night and bump ISO levels to 800 (my style of shooting), even with the steady shot function of Sony, I was sooo dissappointed at all the images I collected, I sold my alpha after that. Now I have a 400D with a much even ever noise performace even at 1600 iso. I am very pleased. The 400D now becomes my buddy, something that I would always carry around.

I also have a Canon 5D which for now I have not justified the reasons why I bought it. I guess siguro gihilantan lang gyud ko ato nganong nipalit ko, call it camera body lust.

another player on the field of 10 megapixel shooters...

the Olympus E-400

by the way... it's smaller than the Canon 350 and 400D

damn! a pocket dSLR? probably aimed more for shooters on the go
    who want more than just a point&shoot camera.

click here for more info...

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06...lympuse400.asp

this could be an awesome choice for street photography.
    this is the line --------- cross it. i dare you

Samsung GX-10
    The other day Samsung introduced their new GX-10 digital SLR. This is exactly the same camera as the Pentax K10D, so I'll just repeat its specs here:

* 10.2 effective Megapixel CCD
    * Optical Picture Stabilization CCD-shift image stabilizer gives you 2.5 - 4 stops advantage over unstabilized cameras; works on all Pentax/Samsung lenses
    * Two-prong dust removal system: anti-dust coating on the sensor, plus the CCD-shift mechanism shakes off dust when camera is turned on
    * Dust-proof, weather-resistent body; camera can be used in the rain (try and find another camera in this price range that can do that)
    * Can take up to 9 RAW or an unlimited of JPEGs at 3 frames/second
    * Large 2.5" LCD display with 140 degree viewing angle
    * Hyper Program feature lets you instantly switch from Program mode to shutter or aperture priority mode
    * New Sensitivity (Sv) and Shutter & Aperture Priority (TAv) modes; the former lets you select the ISO and the camera picks the right shutter speed/aperture combination; the latter lets you set the shutter speed and aperture, and the ISO is adjusted automatically to get the correct exposure
    * Optional battery grip
    * Supports SD and SDHC memory cards
    * Uses D-LI50 lithium-ion battery
    * USB 2.0 High Speed supported
    * Ships in October, pricing to be announced

Along with the camera, Samsung also announced five new D-Xenon lenses, all of which are rebadged Pentax lenses. They include an F3.5-4.5, 10 - 17 mm fisheye, an F4, 12 - 24 mm zoom, an F4, 16 - 45 mm zoom, an F2, 35 mm fixed focus lens, and an F2.8, 100 mm macro lens.

http://dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3397

and a “My Set Dial” function that allows users to store their favorite settings in the camera <- didn't see this in the K10D or did I miss it

wow looks like Samsung knows a winner hehe I wonder if its going to be cheaper than the $899 K10D one..

[img width=460 height=500]http://dcresource.com/images/news/samsung_092206/top3.jpg[/img]
    [img width=500 height=342]http://dcresource.com/images/news/samsung_092206/side3.jpg[/img]
    [img width=500 height=358]http://dcresource.com/images/news/samsung_092206/back3.jpg[/img]

grabe, nagkadaghan ang competensya... oh well good thing, mo cheap ang 30D / 40D hehehe..

11.    Advertisement

Page 3 of 860 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast