Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Fraternity. Ok or not ok?

As I keep on saying.... teach the child the way they should go and pray that he will not depart from it....

We as parents can do only so much.... we cannot run the kid's life forever... even my son at 3 yrs is pretty headstrong as to what he wants and does not want.

Teach him respect for fellow human beings... teach him to be kind but not to be a doormat.... teach him about the value of education...teach him to be GRATEFUL that he eats 3 meals a day or even more than that...teach him to be generous with others but not be abused for his generosity.... teach him about the goodness of the Lord... etc etc... and then drop down on your knees in prayer as follow up.

awww d mn ko gnikanan pro murag bati mn ni frat2 oyyyyy.... pra unsa mn kunohay ni? do we really need a group, organization or unsa b ngara just to belong? awww nuon dli mn tanan, not to generealize but really pra naku its no use... pra ra ni pcool2 kunohay, ky bati mn sd nuon wa ky groupo2, labi nag hiskul and college, bum mn sd k tan.awon nga 2 or 3 r mo mgkuyog sah?

Quote Originally Posted by d`monyita
    As I keep on saying.... teach the child the way they should go and pray that he will not depart from it....

We as parents can do only so much.... we cannot run the kid's life forever... even my son at 3 yrs is pretty headstrong as to what he wants and does not want.

Teach him respect for fellow human beings... teach him to be kind but not to be a doormat.... teach him about the value of education...teach him to be GRATEFUL that he eats 3 meals a day or even more than that...teach him to be generous with others but not be abused for his generosity.... teach him about the goodness of the Lord... etc etc... and then drop down on your knees in prayer as follow up.
    Nice sis. :mrgreen:

[color=navy]
    I believe fraternities and sorrorities are created from a social need to belong, a sense of family and loyalty. Most people are attracted to such organizations because of this. Fraternities/sorrorities can be a source of self-affirmation of one's value as a person.

But I believe that if one's family can adequately provide and nurture this self-affirmation, a person would have no need to join fraternities/sorrorities anymore.

I am not saying that fraternities/sorrorities are OK or not OK. It's all a matter of personal choice so I am speaking for myself.

I am not a member of a fraternity because I do not find the need to be part of one. How come? Because of my family~ because they made me feel that I don't need to.

Rather than deciding for my children in the future, I'll let them decide on their own, literally, I'll let them live a life of their own. The best I can do is give them information and ideas about fraternities and sororities generally. I myself belongs to a fraternity, and I do know a lot of people from different fraternities as well. Fraternities are good outlets for diverse personal development and good human network. It's just so unfortunate we're being fed up by the negative issues about fraternities.

Akrho and TGP? I do believe this is an isolated event, and made worse by the media. Most of the troubles are caused by some of it's members personal and attitude issues, and not by the group per se. And with all the commotion caused, didto ihapak sa fraternity tanan. Ang pangalan sa fraternity ang luoy kaayo.

I guess family and friends attention are the ones who fill in the gaps.

So if you have a good family and good friends, does this divert your childs attention on joining such organization? :mrgreen:

Sakto ba? :mrgreen:

[color=navy]^^Not necessarily. But that could be a huge factor in making the decision whether or not one should be a member of a fraternity/sorrority.

If so, that would help a lot. But not a guarantee unless kung e-micro monitor nato ang ato kids wherever he/she will go.

well... the problem of idea of "ok ra mo sulod frat basta dili lang mangita ug gubot" kay naay uban fraternties nga once sulod nka ang GUBOT NAY MANGITA nmo...

well i know this is far fetched cry from the real purpose of a fraternity... but look around you its whats happening...

from personal experience... i couldnt count how many times i saved my skin from all the bruise or maybe even death all bcoz i dont belong to a frat...

Quote Originally Posted by Jollibee
    ... but look around you its whats happening...

from personal experience... i couldnt count how many times i saved my skin from all the bruise or maybe even death all bcoz i dont belong to a frat...

Hmmm. How come man pud bro nga nahitabo ni?

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast