Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Who are embedded systems enthusiasts here?????

Ok, I will try it. Do I need to register the name of our target so that we can assigned it to the build? It can't be search to google cause the board is new....... Maybe I have to try it. Thanks StyM.....

whats your board based on? what cpu is it using?.. know your cpu first in order to know the build conditions.

Ok....

Somebody here knows something about Linux embedded systems?

Up..........

Arg. Good for you guys. Our embedded Linux project runs on an SOC. Some custom ASIC, lean memory, no GUI, a network controller, an embedded web server and that's about it. It uses ARM TDMI proc, and was ported to PowerPC. It was barely the kernel plus some custom device drivers, a shell, and the boot loader code which we developed and nothing more.

Currently, the problem that I've encountered is the linker flags (i.e. -lfreetype -lX11). This is where I stuck now. I already succeeded cross compiling gtk dependencies (glib and atk). Only pango give problems when I issue make commands. Configuration succeeds but make fails, i hope I can solve this but any help from you is great.

Quote Originally Posted by kolz
    Arg. Good for you guys. Our embedded Linux project runs on an SOC. Some custom ASIC, lean memory, no GUI, a network controller, an embedded web server and that's about it. It uses ARM TDMI proc, and was ported to PowerPC. It was barely the kernel plus some custom device drivers, a shell, and the boot loader code which we developed and nothing more.
    @kol: Have you tried working on LAN interfaces?? We are still at research stage about this...

Developing your own network drivers you mean? Yep been there, done that, but that was a long time ago - gitay-an na ako utok. It was in an era while we're still learning the kernel (loadable kernel modules) as well as learning to program the network controller chip.

Maybe we will go with that....but currently working on porting GUI for our embedded systems........ GUI is the main priority as of now

Hey... only 3 of us here already have experience in embedded systems Come on guys...... please share your experiences here.....

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast