Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

naa ra man ko sa cebu, then bag-o ra man sad ko na programmer...bag-ohay ra man sad ko ni graduate..hehehhe

Wala ko ka-agi ug trigometry,wala ko ka-agi ug calculus.
    Nganong nakasolbad man ko sa adlaw adlaw nga problema sa programming, systemang pwerteng lisura? hahahahahha :P

Depende ra na sa diskarte oi.

bitaw pud noh?? naa rjd na sa diskarte.. pero kanchawan mn gud ko basta dle ko kybaw mu calculus bro.. hihihihi..

This comes to mind: Math is the fabric of the universe. Programming is the fabric of time and space These two go hand in hand for something to exist.

Most of the time some programmers will say "NO you dont need math, to be good in programming".
    well programming alone is easy, writing good, efficient, reusable and what not programs is the challenge!

this days writing applciations/programs is as easy compare to previous decade, mao na mostly mo ingn na math is not required, but it is in some cases.

- writing information systems such as inventory, POS, enrollment or same system does not require math.
    - writing Web applications does not require math.

- writing low-level systems including OSes, drivers, embedded, DSPs.
    - writng animations, GUI controls and sometimes require math.
    - writing games DO require math specially 3d games (trigo, physics,etc).

- Software engineering needs some maths

AND

a good program needs a good engineering, therefore from the things i said above, you do the math

Elite Member
    Blog Entries
    Surely, people who are in the field of business applications can probably have only some basic math, or what they called Business Math, this even thought in college if you are getting some degree, but if you go for a serious programming, come`on Business Math can’t help you from that…
    Lots of people write code without the need of serious Math applications, most of them rely on the pre-built functions provided by these programming languages, one would thought that this is fine, yes! It most cases… but when you think about larger designs, sooner or later you will grumble how slow bloaty is your program, and programmers who have better knowledge of driving applied mathematics and algorithms could have written it more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by foottea View Post
    pag 4th year HS, patay.. hastang terror ang maestro.. calculus..wa niya mahatag ang mga concept unsaon[ d bah concept2x man ng style sa programming ].. matay.. wa jud nako nakaya bro.. 74 ahung grade.. tsk3x..
    pero as time goes by, naka recover raman sad ko.. then akong gi flashback sa ahung mind toh nganong ala nako nakuha tong iyang mga gipangtudlo.. wala d i kaau na state directly ang concept ug nganong ing-adto.. karon pa nako na realize ang mga concept nga buot ipasabot sa iyang gipangtudlo... karon pa nako nasabtan nga sayon raman d i ng calculus.. ky 1st year paman ko, murag gi refresh pa ang HS, so.. ma kaya2x pa.. hmmmm.. pulos nalang jud self study neng programming2x nahu.. ga tuon ko OpenGL ron.. pulos ra taphaw ahung nahibaw-an sa programming world man gud..
    Your school teaching Calculus during fourth year highschool? I don’t think so! What school is this? Then now you understand at first college? What kind Calculus is this? Isn’t it too pressure to take calculus in high school and early college? My college days I took up Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus and the last is Differential Equations and anyone who is Engineering Graduate here can understand how difficult the subject is.

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    I try applying that logic in math and I found out that I can't apply most of it, just around half. Math focuses on the obvious, especially on the variables and math doesn't have boolean or conditional. Math tells you on how to crunch numbers while programming focuses more on logic.
    Then I will assume that you haven’t learn Boolean algebra, try to google it… this is thought in highschool probably in 4th year. But if you go further in college or taking up ECE or COE you will have some subject Logic Circuits 1 and 2, Memory Management, this is where Boolean Algebra is applied, if you are doing some programming with MPU devices then you have to deal with this, you must have a good background in equating logic gates, familiar with ALU in CPU? I’m sure you know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by personalmgt View Post
    Ask me to solve a really complex equation on a paper and I will more likely not finish solving it. Ask me to solve it in C or Perl and I might solve it in minutes
    in 320x200pixels vertically, how would you draw a circle without floating point numbers. I'm giving you the function void PointCircle (int x, int y, int r), leaving you with this hint: (x ** 2 + y ** 2 = r ** 2)

Without proper knowledge of MATH such as Boolean Algebra you cannot think and write codes properly that sometimes led you to a very plain but not effective coding…

In C how would you write a single statement that test's the number if it is a power of two? Can you do that? Without loops? As loops takes up some time to initialize and make some evaluations.

Anyway, there are a lot of ways that differentiate a programmer that use heavy math and a programmer that uses simple math, one of it, is the LEVEL of application, if you are doing at the top level, you probably not aware that MATH is working for you, even in WEB technology, Web Developer/Programmer doing less Math applications but for System Engineers / Architect who work at the framework, let say Web Streaming Framework, then they have to deal with Streaming-Data Algorithms, Replications, Web Mining with the usage of genetic algorithm. How about web indexing computation and math problem which until now Google is working harder?

After all computers are built to solve MATH problems… Computer History

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCuering View Post

Your school teaching Calculus during fourth year highschool? I don’t think so! What school is this? Then now you understand at first college? What kind Calculus is this? Isn’t it too pressure to take calculus in high school and early college? My college days I took up Integral Calculus, Differential Calculus and the last is Differential Equations and anyone who is Engineering Graduate here can understand how difficult the subject is.
    Taphaw ra sa Differential, Integral, ug Differential Equations.. DE ky ala na jud ko'y nasabtan adto..

DC[ differential calculus ] ug IC ky naka appreciate mn ko sa iyang gamit.. useful jud d i xa, karon pa ko naka realize though ala pa mi calculus ron ky first year college pa ko..

Tagbilaran City Science High School Bro... Tagbilaran City [ Bohol ]..

ga kamang2x jud ko adto nga subject.. hahahahaha..

Naay edge ang brayt ug math na maayo sad mu-program pero di siya mu-follow na tanan maayo ug math maayo sad mu-program.

Lain man sad gud ang math ug ang programming. Theories and proving kasagaran sa math. Murag framework jud ba, pero ang programming kay more on application naman gud.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCuering View Post
    UP High in Cebu is teaching Calculus too. Daghan naman siguro.

Kanang mga UP kay weirdo ug walay kaligo... parehas ni Dardar! Mwahahahaha...

11.    Advertisement

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast