Page 312 of 314 FirstFirst ... 302309310311312313314 LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 3140

Quote Originally Posted by Liberal_Tears View Post
    its a funny question coming from a belief that was based on ONLY one verse - James 2:17 - Which by the way can be interpreted on so many ways.

heres your example:

1. Jesus Anointed by a Sinful Woman (Luke 7:36-50)
    "50. Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

2. Acts 16:31
    They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

3. Romans 10:9
    that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

4. John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

5. John 5:24
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

6. John 8:24
    "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

So many More...

Question, if Good Works is a SEPARATE requirements of Salvation then WHY its Not even mentioned on those verses? Why it Did Not say - Have Faith and Do A lot of Good Works so that you will be saved?

If there are 2 Separate Requirements of Salvation, Why Mention only ONE on many of the verses? What does it tells You?

- - - Updated - - -

Now, where is the Verse that says you need to Believed + DO GOOD WORKS so that you will be SAVED?
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05...pe-child-abuse.

man of faith - good works = lusot heaven?
    Last edited by P-Chan; 10-24-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Or those People who are in deathbed previously a non believer but accepted God then died? is God that Unfair not to save that person because he did not perform any Good works?
    this is too common for old people or those who are in their death beds. just a basic final act of at least trying to save themselves from the unknown events after death.

@noy --- i prefer to shut up na lang about aning ginoo kay lisud na kaayo hahahahahaha mura man ko maka suka sa mga line na christian god is a fair god hahahhahahah. murag bata man atong ka storya.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
    https://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/05...pe-child-abuse.

man of faith - good works = lusot heaven?
    you obviously dont know what faith really means.

How do u know those priest have True Faith?

faith does Not mean belief.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marius View Post
    this is too common for old people or those who are in their death beds. just a basic final act of at least trying to save themselves from the unknown events after death.
    so exemption to the rule?

murag bata man atong ka storya.
    Not really

faith does Not mean belief.
    Acts 16:31
    They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Romans 10:9
    that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

John 3:16
    "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

5. John 5:24
    "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

6. John 8:24
    "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins."

Quote Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
    Acts 16:31
    What i mean is having to believe in something is not the same as having true faith.

Yes, whats your point?

Thats why Faith is the requirements of salvation because if you consider good work as a Separate REQUIREMENT, then the next question is HOW MUCH work do we need? how to Quantify that requirement? how to Compute it? whats the formula? is it Right Minus Wrong? Where in the Bible is the Formula of good works as a Separate Requirement?

so capable of sinning ang paralyzed nga tao sa huna-huna, so ok ra. basta mangayo ug pasaylo whenever makasala even sa huna-2x 'cause he/she has the faith? hahahaha...kuyaw nas abusar brader. my point is, unfair diay imung ginoo brad.
    then follows the example. let me ask you this, ato butangan back story nganu na paralyzed ni nga tao.hehehe
    let's say, he was a terrorist, a suicide bomber, before his final act, daghan kaayo siya ug gipatay nga mga tao. until nagpabuto siya ug bomba pero napalpak and wa siya namatay which got him paralyzed, then a pastor preached to him about jesus, faith and salvation..he then converted and accepted jesus.so luwas siya? in this case, your god may be an all merciful one, but NEVER just. abi man nako ug god of justice pud siya?

another example; si abdul talib kay muslim, buotan kaau. mas buotan pas inyong pastor or nimu. obviously, he doesn't have faith in christ. so sunogon si talib? wait..that didn't came out right..hahaha so sunogon siya sa imperno? asa ang mercy and justice?

Salvation By grace Through faith, and that not of yourselves...

Well the Feast of the Ascension describes Jesus is in heaven, then Jesus said to the Man on the Cross that he will be with Him, so Jesus dwell in heaven and the man will be with him.

anyway, is there a verse where a Man ascended to paradise But was Not eventually Saved?

Yes, He is Just. your understanding of Fairness is Different from what Jesus teach - thats why you will always Push for Good works as a Separate requirements.

In the Teaching Jesus about the Prodigal Son, we can read this:

And we can also read this in the teaching of Jesus about the Lost Sheep:

The Concept of Separate requirements of Good works in order to be saved will always Contradict the idea these Teachings.

There's No coherence of the idea of Good Works as a separate requirements of salvation in MANY of the teachings of Jesus.
    now you're putting words into my mouth. i never said that good works is some sort of separate requirement for salvation,i am rather pointing out the possible flaws that i see in your "sola fide" doctrine as it is in conflict with a ceratin belief in your religion that god is just. if so, asa ang justice anang faith alone? moses or abraham did not even had the faith in christ and so does the rest of the prophets in judaism. so wa pud to sila malangit?
    going back to dismas, so siya nalangit, pero ang mga pre-messianic prophets wala? Faith alone man kaha.

TS,

This is just my opinion;

If we believed that there is a creator which is a powerful one, then he will decided on his own way for everyone. faith or good deeds or maybe something else. . There are so many religion and everyone is confirming that they are the right one. For me as long as I pray to my creator and do good things to others I think it is enough.

Ok. What is faith then??

huwat ko sa tubag ani... lol...

#biblestudypamore
    Last edited by P-Chan; 10-28-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Ok. What is faith then??
    its a Living faith

In simple explanation, its the same as your Trust and Belief on your Parents. When you say You Believe in your parents or you have Faith on your parents - what would you do t express that? you will follow what they say and what they want.

The things you do are the EFFECTS of your belief in them, not the other way around.

Its the same thing as the FAITH describes in the Bible, its a living Faith meaning the good works you do are Manifestations or Effects of your faith not a SEPARATE one. they are one. Thats why when u say your faith saves you because True Faith will Produce good works.

John 14:15 - “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

This is where the Misinterpretation of Faith Alone vs faith + works started actually.

And After Debating here in Istorya for so long, I realize that what Catholics and my belief on salvation by Faith is actually the same thing, its just they are translated differently.

Quote Originally Posted by noy View Post
    so capable of sinning ang paralyzed nga tao sa huna-huna, so ok ra. basta mangayo ug pasaylo whenever makasala even sa huna-2x 'cause he/she has the faith? hahahaha...kuyaw nas abusar brader.
    Ever since I joined Istorya, time and time again I asked Where is the Bible verse that discuss WHAT is the Criteria on HOW MANY good works we need to do against the sins we do if Good works is a SEPARATE REQUIREMENTS for salvation? - Considering that ALL Man have SINNED?

If its a requirements, then Why theres NO Specific guidelines?

If in our school subject EXAMS is a requirement, then theres always a FIGURE - 60% exam.

So why nobody posted the verse regarding the requirements of Good works? How Many %?

If 10 Commandments is the Criteria? How many of them we need to Do in order to QUALIFY for the requirements of Good works?
    If we need to do it All, then are we all FAILED because all men have sinned?

And if you say you are saved because Forgive all your sins, then does it defeats the purpose of good works as a quirement because even if you did Not comply with the requirement of good works, you were still Saved?

11.    Advertisement